Elite pricing,.category discount

I know this has been asked and answered but cannot locate.

We booked a 2 A Veranda today..with 4 perks &  refundable dep.

In view  of the in step discount  in category for Elite cap Club...should we have paid the 2 B fare or  the 2 A as we did,?

Thanks

You should get a 2A for price of 2B. Online booking system is not set up for this. You should speak to Celebrity.

Our TA was able to get me Aqua A1 for A2 price. Likewise when we booked on board, we were upgrade from A1 to A2 on first cruise and 2B to 2A on a second cruise.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

In view  of the in step discount  in category for Elite cap Club...should we have paid the 2 B fare or  the 2 A as we did,?

Thanks

Yes, you should!  Here is a link to the Captains Club T&C's regarding the one category upgrade (scroll all the way to the bottom): link

Edited by mahdnc

Thanks all for quick replues.  def will print out that uopgrade info..

I booked  with a Cruise Planner but did not ask about that perk.  Also noticed our Summit res said 2 A cabin for 2 B fare...

Just called..wow the diff is only $24 total but they made the adjustment anyhow.   Surprised so low but at least I got my perk!

Edited by hcat

Since Celebrity's site is not set up to accept the category upgrade associated with Elite (and above) we recently booked and paid for an OV 2 category.  We then put a hold on the OV1 category we wanted and contacted or TA to make the change.  Since it sounds like you already paid for your 2A category, I am hopeful they will reprice your cabin to reflect the 2B category and then refund the difference.  For us, it was about a $55 savings pp.

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Since Celebrity's site is not set up to accept the category upgrade associated with Elite (and above) we recently booked and paid for an OV 2 category.  We then put a hold on the OV1 category we wanted and contacted or TA to make the change.  Since it sounds like you already paid for your 2A category, I am hopeful they will reprice your cabin to reflect the 2B category and then refund the difference.  For us, it was about a $55 savings pp.

Just to clarify, you don’t have to be Elite to get the upgrade...I’ve gotten it as a classic, select and also elite member. Think it’s a Captains Club perk from Classic and up. 

1 minute ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Just to clarify, you don’t have to be Elite to get the upgrade...I’ve gotten it as a classic, select and also elite member. Think it’s a Captains Club perk from Classic and up. 

Yes, thank you for that clarification.  You are correct...not sure why I specified....

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks

Yes, but the difference is likely only $20-30pp. If booked online you need to enter your Club number. Again there are different fare rules.

Many times I do not worry about the upgrade, usually for Aqua class I prefer the location of the AQ2 vs the AQ1 rooms.  I tend to like being in the aft of the ship so C3 usually work too.  With the inside move up I can definitely see it being a benefit to use.  

Today I saw they offered a 3 perk Refundable for my cruise.. and same opp to get the 1 categ discount . Not much savings...and no upgraded alc

Decided to stick with what we have.  All the checking and changing can drive us nuts!