Is Christmas onboard tolerable?

We have done 2 cruises in the first week of December (on smaller ships) and I don't recall hearing that much Christmas music.  They did have a Christmas carol singalong after lighting the tree in the Centrum on the Enchantment.  It was only a few songs.  And they were playing Dean Martin singing carols as we disembarked the Majesty at the end of a cruise.  So, no.  I don't recall it being constant.  There were many other types of music playing all day.  (you may however, get tired of hearing  "Hot, Hot Hot")  😉 

Hope that helps.

• Haha 1

We cruised this past Dec. B2B Dec. On Liberty of the Seas. 1st cruise was not bad, but the second leg we heard it almost constantly, I love Christmas music but really didn't care for it in Main Dining room which they played the entire meal. 

I remember hearing it at times but I guess I tuned it out mostly. I enjoy Christmas music but I don't want to hear it 24/7. I don't recall it getting on my nerves. I sailed Christmas week on Oasis this past year.

All of the other Christmas activities are planned and listed in the Compass so you can bypass any you don't want to participate in. It is very decorated with Christmas things.

Edited by MellowMel

4 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Booked on Harmony early December.  I’m someone that gets sick of Christmas music quickly.  Is it constant Christmas music and celebrations or other types of music on the cruise also?

You will love it. No not just Christmas music at all. Decorated very nice. You will love everything that ship offers. One bit of advise. Make sure you book all shows days in advance. Get to each show at least 30 min early to get a nice seat.

I did a Christmas cruise this year and Christmas day was mid-cruise.  I liked all the Christmas decorations and music and once it was post Christmas the music in public venues genuinely became annoying. I was hoping they would stop it but it went straight to the end. The only thing they stopped doing was wearing Santa hats. This was on Princess though. But I'm just chiming in because I think if it's pre-Christmas, it could be nice and festive.  But once it's no longer Christmas, enough with the music at least.  They were some really corny stupid songs too.

The closer to December 25 the more “Christmas“ there  will be. We cruise in December every year, Sometimes early – sometimes over Christmas. This  year we sailed from December 10 to the 23rd.  Lots of Christmas music, Christmas song sets in the promenade, visit from Santa Claus on the last of the cruises, passengers in Christmas sweaters and Santa hats, yule log and Christmas music playing on one of the TV stations in the cabin. Lovely Christmas decorations all over the ship.  There was also a Gingerbread village.  And if you look hard enough, and the timing is in sync, you might  see a Hanukkah banner, menorah and as appropriate, candle lighting. 

OP-Is this too much?  

m