Coffee Drinker

DUC950

If you have a drink package I would highly recommend Cafe Al Bacio.  I find their americano much better than the coffee dispensers in the oceanview or Aqua Spa.  I doubt they would fill up a travel mug but if you borrow your travel partners card I suspect that would help.

I have to agree with others.   I'm a big coffee drinker myself and find the "Stuff" they call coffee in the Ocean View to be almost undrinkable.  If you have a package just pick up your coffee in Al Bacio.   Another alternative is a travel french press and bring your favorite coffee.  

• Like 3

I routinely took my travel cup to Cafe Al Bacio and the (very efficient) girls there would ask me for it as I placed my order.  I took off the top, and handed over my very clean, insulated cup to them, noooo problem. None of their machines touched my cup, and they were not wasting a cardboard cup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frenchkona said:

The drip coffee in Ocean View is Lavazza, the same company that provides the espresso for Cafe Al Bacio. 

JMHO, It may be the same distributor but it is definitely not the same coffee.   The only way I can drink the swill in OV is to put milk or cream in it -  otherwise it burns from high acid all the way down.   I drink the Al Bacio espresso double or triple shots and find it very smooth.   

May be the difference in the beans they use or the way they brew it.     They also use the Lavazza in the Espresso machines in Retreat and it is nothing link the espresso in Al Bacio.  Just my opinion.   

• Like 4

23 hours ago, chrispee said:

For sanitary reasons you will not be allowed to directly fill your insulated mug from the machine. You can however fill it up by pouring from one of the supplied mugs at the buffet. 

I have never had a problem filling my insulated mug with coffee. Even the coffee shop was happy to do that for me 

Last November on the Eclipse, the coffee cream in Al bacio  was a watered down frozen product.  Very disappointing.  The year before, they have heavy cream, and it was wonderful.  I sure hope they have not continued to use it.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 2:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree with others.   I'm a big coffee drinker myself and find the "Stuff" they call coffee in the Ocean View to be almost undrinkable.  If you have a package just pick up your coffee in Al Bacio.   Another alternative is a travel french press and bring your favorite coffee.  

They don't make it from syrup in the Ocean View?  Do they?

On 2/1/2020 at 6:13 PM, Jim_Iain said:

JMHO, It may be the same distributor but it is definitely not the same coffee.   The only way I can drink the swill in OV is to put milk or cream in it -  otherwise it burns from high acid all the way down.   I drink the Al Bacio espresso double or triple shots and find it very smooth.   

May be the difference in the beans they use or the way they brew it.     They also use the Lavazza in the Espresso machines in Retreat and it is nothing link the espresso in Al Bacio.  Just my opinion.   

i totally agree.

the coffee in OV is undrinkable, unless you order an americano from the  bar staff.

even then, i still prefer Al Bacio

I'm a faithful ICED coffee drinker, no matter the weather, winter or summer.  Maybe thats a product of growing up in S. Florida.  Anyway, I would order a pot of coffee from room service the night before and let it cool.  Then, I'd pour it into empty water bottles and refrigerate it.  I brought my own sugar free coffee syrups from home.  I had a premium drink package so I'd get cafe shakeratos and iced americanos from Bacio.  I hated them all.  I could NOT wait to have some of my own coffee when I got home.  I don't buy premium coffee either.  Anyway, @Jim_Iain told me about a portable french press.  I'm going to bring that with me on our Dec cruise.  We have all 4 perks on that cruise and it will be the first time in a Suite, but I like what I like. 

6 hours ago, Pickels said:

They don't make it from syrup in the Ocean View?  Do they?

That I don't know.    I know they use to use a syrup and it was even worse.  

Just observations I have seen them bring the big dispensers from the backroom on some ships where I've also seen a roped off dispenser which appeared to be making coffee.

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

I'm a faithful ICED coffee drinker, no matter the weather, winter or summer.  Maybe thats a product of growing up in S. Florida.  Anyway, I would order a pot of coffee from room service the night before and let it cool.  Then, I'd pour it into empty water bottles and refrigerate it.  I brought my own sugar free coffee syrups from home.  I had a premium drink package so I'd get cafe shakeratos and iced americanos from Bacio.  I hated them all.  I could NOT wait to have some of my own coffee when I got home.  I don't buy premium coffee either.  Anyway, @Jim_Iain told me about a portable french press.  I'm going to bring that with me on our Dec cruise.  We have all 4 perks on that cruise and it will be the first time in a Suite, but I like what I like. 

I'm sure you will do fine.    The French Press may be perfect for you.   My experience in suites is that some of the Butlers will run to Al Bachio but most of the time they make it using a Nespresso Machine which I fully understand when it is busy.

They have the same type machine in Retreat.