Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
RocketMan275

How to Buy a Gift

Recommended Posts

How does one buy a gift?  Perhaps a bottle of wine or dinner at a specialty restaurant?

My son and his wife are on NAM in late March and we'd like to buy them a gift.

We won't be on the cruise with them.

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you know their booking number, you can go on line and buy them a gift.

 

But, if you don’t know their booking number all you have to do is call the HAL indulgence  phone #, give their full names, ship and sailing date and they will process it for you.  They will also send you a confirming email so that if something goes wrong you can get it corrected.

I recently did it for friends on a Grand voyage and it went as smooth as silk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you know their booking number, you can go on line and buy them a gift.

 

But, if you don’t know their booking number all you have to do is call the HAL indulgence  phone #, give their full names, ship and sailing date and they will process it for you.  They will also send you a confirming email so that if something goes wrong you can get it corrected.

I recently did it for friends on a Grand voyage and it went as smooth as silk.  

 

You can still book online even if you don't have the booking number.  There are 4 other ways to look up the reservation as shown below:

 

 

 

 

options.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thank  you the link worked.

 

 

You're welcome.  Feel free to use it to buy us a gift for our cruise in June  😀

Edited by DivotMaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I'll have to check with the wife.

Perhaps check with your mum/mom as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you save a copy of your receipt, my folks didn't get their gifts from us.

If I hadn't asked my parents how they enjoyed their dinner and wine, they wouldn't have known about it.

I sent them a forward of my receipt, they went to the front desk to get their gifts.

 

I bought some OBC for my Daughter in law and that showed up on her booking before the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Make sure you save a copy of your receipt, my folks didn't get their gifts from us.

If I hadn't asked my parents how they enjoyed their dinner and wine, they wouldn't have known about it.

I sent them a forward of my receipt, they went to the front desk to get their gifts.

 

That’s a good point.  I always ask for an email receipt and keep it in case.  I haven’t had an issue with gifts not being received but it can happen so wise to keep the email in case.

 

6 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

I bought some OBC for my Daughter in law and that showed up on her booking before the cruise.

 

I had a gift bought for me and it showed up on ‘my itinerary’ so I suspect if someone looks a their itinerary for their booking they will see it.  It doesn’t say who it’s from of course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only bought a gift for someone one time, but I seem to remember there was a check box asking if it was a gift. If so, checking that box may prevent the item from showing up on the itinerary before the cruise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kazu said:

I had a gift bought for me and it showed up on ‘my itinerary’ so I suspect if someone looks a their itinerary for their booking they will see it.  It doesn’t say who it’s from of course.

 

We had the same experience as kazu. Children bought a floral arrangement and OBC for us. Appeared on itinerary when I next looked at it - no donor listed but had been alerted to possibility so it wasn't a complete surprise. Cards were in the stateroom confirming the gifts and from whom they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...