Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mlshum

Horizon Review - 6 Day (with pictures) - 01/19 to 01/25 by mlshum

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, tradewinds traveler said:

Thank you so much for your review. It was so great for you to share with us!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review! I really enjoyed it !

Thank you so much for taking the time to read along!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy to see that you and your husband had a great time.  Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Easy to see that you and your husband had a great time.  Thanks for sharing.

We absolutely did!  He’s my best friend.  Thanks so much for reading along!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Very nice review!  We did an 8 day cruise on the Horizon and loved all the features available on the Hub App.  Also Mike Pack was the best cruise director we have had in our 13 cruises!  We really enjoyed the 80's rock n glow deck party. 

 

80's11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. I really enjoyed it! I hope you have fun planning your next adventure 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sagittarius traveler said:

Yeah the Lanai was never crowded it was so nice drinking there and just relaxing.

It was our go to place when we were ready to relax.

 

2 hours ago, smurfm69 said:

 Very nice review!  We did an 8 day cruise on the Horizon and loved all the features available on the Hub App.  Also Mike Pack was the best cruise director we have had in our 13 cruises!  We really enjoyed the 80's rock n glow deck party. 

 

80's11.jpg

Thank you for reading!  I totally agree with you!

 

1 hour ago, AKR2011 said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. I really enjoyed it! I hope you have fun planning your next adventure 👍

 

Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I've seen groups playing cards there and it was mainly adults there no kids and loud drunks. So I like the free spot hahah. The Lanai was my secret spot.

Edited by Sagittarius traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So enjoyed the rest of your review. I'm glad you were able to do the Sky Ride, which I really want to do also.  My question, "who" took the pictures?  I was told that we cannot carry or have anything on us when we ride the Sky Ride?  I'm a picture taker, so that is why I am asking.  You also said you had "Flaming" Baked Alaska?  I am really surprised when you said "flaming."  I remember many years ago the waiters/waitresses were walking the isle with the flaming baked Alaska when the ship started moving real bad.  To say the least, they stopped the part of "flaming," and only used candles after that.

I'm still looking forward for the 8 of us to do the Horizon on the 15th of March, although many of my friends say we shouldn't, because of the Coronaviris. I'm doing a lot of praying as well. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, beshears said:

So enjoyed the rest of your review. I'm glad you were able to do the Sky Ride, which I really want to do also.  My question, "who" took the pictures?  I was told that we cannot carry or have anything on us when we ride the Sky Ride?  I'm a picture taker, so that is why I am asking.  You also said you had "Flaming" Baked Alaska?  I am really surprised when you said "flaming."  I remember many years ago the waiters/waitresses were walking the isle with the flaming baked Alaska when the ship started moving real bad.  To say the least, they stopped the part of "flaming," and only used candles after that.

I'm still looking forward for the 8 of us to do the Horizon on the 15th of March, although many of my friends say we shouldn't, because of the Coronaviris. I'm doing a lot of praying as well. 🙂

Thanks so much for sticking with me to the end!  Lol. Ron, my husband, took the Sky Ride pictures.  He used a Go Pro and it had to be physically attached to him.  They allowed him to use a wrist mount.  They also allowed a shoulder or head mount.  The same was true on the ropes course.  They would absolutely not allowed traditional cameras or cell phones.  Most of our pictures were taken on cell phones.

 

yes, they were actually flaming this time.  I can’t recall ever seeing anything but the candles before.  It was impressive!

 

i know what you mean about praying for health and protection from sickness! We always sail in the winter so I usually begin the extra vitamins, Airborne and lots of prayers about Thanksgiving.

 

I’ll be looking forward to hearing about your March cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting back with me about the Sky Ride and taking pictures.  Maybe I can get someone close by to take a picture, as I have no way of mounting my cell phone on me. 🙂 That is interesting that they did the flaming Baked Alaska, instead of the candles.  I remember seeing it done years ago, but not hear lately, only the candles.  I'll tell you something else that was very interesting years ago that happened, where the ship started moving real bad with waves.  I actually have a very good picture of me pouring champagne (this is just before the incident happened) in this TALL GLASS tower, made of champagne glasses.  It really was a sight to see. 🙂 A few years later they had the champagne tower, but much shorter, and using plastic glasses.  After doing it with the REAL glasses, and the tower being real high, it just didn't seem the same, but I did understand why they changed it, which made sense

 

 

-----------

 

(I copied the body of your message and am pasting it manually.)

 

I would have loved to seen the champagne glass tower!  I have certainly never seen that before.  The flaming Baked Alaska was surprising.  There was an announcement saying they were bringing back a tradition and then the waiters walked out with the desserts.  In the photos of the waiters, you can see one of them holding a Baked Alaska but you can't tell that it's on fire.  I wish the photo had turned out better.  I tried blowing it up but you still can't see the flames.

 

There is actually a camera mounted on the Sky Ride.  If you start the ride on the OUTSIDE track, it will take your picture just after starting out.  There is a sign that tells you to "smile" so you know when the camera is coming..  If you want that photo, it is for sale (of course!).  We didn't even attempt to find a way to take the cell phone, only the Go Pro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for telling me about when starting the Sky Ride on the outside, there is a camera that takes the picture.  That would be good. 🙂 I am a picture taker, and as you know, it is much cheaper to take our own, than buy.  I know we are planning on buying the package before we cruise of the 5 pictures with canvas for I believe $100.  So maybe I will pick this picture as one of the 5. 🙂  Oh yes, the champagne tower was at least 2 stories high.  Actually I was about 6 or more steps up from the bottom just to pour the champagne in.  Really neat, and a good memory. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...