Jeopardy clue January 31, 2020

3 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

Paraphrasing - the Harmony of the Seas - photo shown - is operated by this company.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines!
Please send my prize soon!😊 Will accept OBC. LOL!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

I really liked the Princess answer.

My experience (RCI refused to honor my deluxe balcony booking stating it would cost too much money to move but I could have an inside cabin if I paid more) -my next birthday cruise is with Princess!

28 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

My experience (RCI refused to honor my deluxe balcony booking stating it would cost too much money to move but I could have an inside cabin if I paid more) -my next birthday cruise is with Princess!

Huh?

Think about it.  I booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean and the cruise line refused to honor the booking, thus, you may - or may not - look elsewhere.  I did.  

That’s why my next birthday cruise is with Princess and not Royal Caribbean.

Edited by happicruzer

1 hour ago, happicruzer said:

None of the contestants knew the answer.  Now lots of viewers have heard of the Harmony of the Seas.

The very strange thing is the fact that the very large sign on the starboard aft said Royal Caribbean very plainly. 

I saw the photo and told my DH “That’s the ship we’re on in March”.

His response: “It is?”

The world is full of oblivious people!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

Think about it.  I booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean and the cruise line refused to honor the booking, thus, you may - or may not - look elsewhere.  I did.  

That’s why my next birthday cruise is with Princess and not Royal Caribbean.

Without knowing the back story, your post didn’t make much sense... nor did it really fit with the topic at hand. Hence my “huh?”

Sorrynotsorry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Are you saying you booked, paid deposit, received confirmation and then RCI said it didn’t count, that you had no booking?

I was fully paid for a guaranteed deluxe ocean balcony cruise departing on a Sunday.  Friday, my on board account put me in an inside cabin with a note that I now owed money to RCI.  In discussion with Resolutions, no I didn’t owe more but it would cost the company too much money to provide me with a similar cabin on a future cruise (by the way, the next week’s sale pitch was equal dollar cost for the cruise I requested).

I now cruise mostly with Celebrity, Princess and HAL. My next birthday cruise on Princess is less than half the cost of RCI or Celebrity for a balcony.  

All I really want is a sea cruise - since the seven day cruises basically hit a private island and similar ports, it is coming down to who treats me as a valuable customer.  Celebrity, Princess and HAL beat RCI.  If I were Pinnacle, RCI might treat me differently.

If you don’t believe me, read the postings from the Diamond and Diamond Plus who mention the loss of previously enjoyed Crown and Anchor benefits - loss of CL, preboarding line (Elite and Platinum on Princess still get special quick line ahead of security), and whatever used to be a perceived benefit.  

I have walked home from my last two RCI cruises; I have to drive to Ft Lauderdale.  I sincerely hope that both Princess and Celebrity will cruise out of Port Canaveral soon. 

3 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

I was fully paid for a guaranteed deluxe ocean balcony cruise departing on a Sunday.  Friday, my on board account put me in an inside cabin with a note that I now owed money to RCI.  In discussion with Resolutions, no I didn’t owe more but it would cost the company too much money to provide me with a similar cabin on a future cruise (by the way, the next week’s sale pitch was equal dollar cost for the cruise I requested).

I now cruise mostly with Celebrity, Princess and HAL. My next birthday cruise on Princess is less than half the cost of RCI or Celebrity for a balcony.  

All I really want is a sea cruise - since the seven day cruises basically hit a private island and similar ports, it is coming down to who treats me as a valuable customer.  Celebrity, Princess and HAL beat RCI.  If I were Pinnacle, RCI might treat me differently.

If you don’t believe me, read the postings from the Diamond and Diamond Plus who mention the loss of previously enjoyed Crown and Anchor benefits - loss of CL, preboarding line (Elite and Platinum on Princess still get special quick line ahead of security), and whatever used to be a perceived benefit.  

I have walked home from my last two RCI cruises; I have to drive to Ft Lauderdale.  I sincerely hope that both Princess and Celebrity will cruise out of Port Canaveral soon. 

I would also switch my allegiance away from a cruise line that treated me that way. 

15 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

Ugh, that’s not cool. While I’m guessing that RCCL isn’t necessarily missing your revenue (esp since you still sail Celebrity), I certainly understand letting your wallet do your protesting for you... I know I do the same. 

13 hours ago, happicruzer said:

This has nothing to do with the title of this thread??

• Haha 1

I think what threw the contestants on Jeopardy last night was when Alex read the clue, he said, "the company name includes a sea". Royal Caribbean was the answer. The insignia was obvious on the side of the ship. They (as did I for a sec) probably were thinking of an answer with the word sea. 

I saw the ship and knew the answer right away and shouted it out to my DH then I noticed the name was right there.  Could not believe no one got it.  Even if someone doesn’t cruise you see the commercials all the time.

Edited by CynBeth6

On 1/31/2020 at 7:41 PM, happicruzer said:

Now I am confused.