Best Cruiseline for Alaska Cruise Seattle to Seattle

Connor94

Hi there, 

planning a first time cruise to Alaska. Which cruise line would give us great views and bang for our buck. We will have 4-6 couples traveling. We plan to leave out of Seattle  and return to Seattle fir travel ease. Coming from South Louisiana. 

There is no one "best" cruise line for everyone, and we don't know what "best" means for you, as we don't know anything about you.

If you come over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Alaska, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

and do some research, you will gather some important info on key criteria for Alaska. Glacier Bay access is a common high priority (not all cruise lines or ships go there), but you might be able to substitute two glacier days.

12 hours ago, Robinsoncruiseso said:

If you want Glacier Bay, look at the Ruby Princess.  If not a priority, the Celebrity Solstice is a nice choice.

Just a point on Solstice, if you are planning for this year, it will be coming out of a major redo this spring ready for the Alaska trip, will be like a brand new ship. 

Check your port times.  I am taking an Alaska cruise later this year and found the one way (Seattle to Vancouver) offered much longer port times - which for us was very important on an Alaska cruise.  Our port calls (Carnival) are at least 10 hours each which gives us ample time for a shore excursion, shopping, eating (Dungeness crab) without having to worry about rushing back to make the ship.  

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Just a point on Solstice, if you are planning for this year, it will be coming out of a major redo this spring ready for the Alaska trip, will be like a brand new ship. 

I stand corrected as Solstice does not go in until 2021. Sorry about that

Edited by dkjretired

Another vote for Celebrity Solstice.  I think Solstice Class ships are some of the most beautiful ships at sea.  In addition, it has one of the best observation lounges at sea; the Sky Lounge.

Someone else mentioned Eurodam.  I cruised Eurodam this past season.  While Holland America is a nice cruise line, and Eurodam is a nice ship, they have cut back severely on their entertainment, so the on board nightlife was awful.  I do not recommend Holland America for groups of friends looking to have a good time.  

Also, avoid Princess' newest ships.  There are no internal lounges with panoramic views.  

Here is a pic of the Sky Lounge on Solstice.

image.thumb.png.62db1f9e3bf4888cbaddafcc28eb6014.png

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 2