Azura refit

Hobson1754

28 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We never had clean water in our cabin in either shower or taps for whole cruise. They didnt do anything until the last morning of the cruise when we went for breakfast bathroom floor was flooded with brown liquid being soaked up by towels and tools everywhere but no workman. They just didnt want to know for the whole duration of the cruise and we were glad to see the back of Oriana she should have been baked bean cans years ago

That sounds terrible.  We can all only speak as we find and as mentioned, I only had the one problem. I was very sad to see her go and miss being able to book on her now. She was my favourite P&O ship for years.

I am on Azura on the first cruise after the refit, so will have a good mooch around and report back.

Personally though... I hear people moaning about rust on windows, balconies, marks on cabin carpets and furniture being unacceptable. Well, you always get rust on ships that are on the ocean 24/7... it’s life. And as for marks on carpets... it would help if passengers let housekeeping know when they spill things... I once spilt a whole glass of red wine on my cabin carpet ( terrible waste!) ..... I immediately rang and reported it, and it was dealt with straight away, with someone coming along to treat the area. Within 24 hours you would never have known I had done it. I was thanked for doing this...makes sense really...I wouldn’t just ignore a spillage on my carpets at home... 

these ships get an absolute pounding from passengers...I am amazed sometimes they are not in a worse state....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

I am on Azura on the first cruise after the refit, so will have a good mooch around and report back.

Personally though... I hear people moaning about rust on windows, balconies, marks on cabin carpets and furniture being unacceptable. Well, you always get rust on ships that are on the ocean 24/7... it’s life. And as for marks on carpets... it would help if passengers let housekeeping know when they spill things... I once spilt a whole glass of red wine on my cabin carpet ( terrible waste!) ..... I immediately rang and reported it, and it was dealt with straight away, with someone coming along to treat the area. Within 24 hours you would never have known I had done it. I was thanked for doing this...makes sense really...I wouldn’t just ignore a spillage on my carpets at home... 

these ships get an absolute pounding from passengers...I am amazed sometimes they are not in a worse state....

We will be on this cruise too. It is our first cruise on Azura - the only P and O ship we haven't been on yet. Hopefully we will it at its best!

11 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

Thanks. Look forward to hearing your report - have a great cruise.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, Harry Peterson said:

That’s one of the key concerns on FB, where that smell is a major topic. I’ve experienced the smell (basically raw sewage), and it’s not pleasant. It’s apparently been going on for years, and it’s odd that it’s not mentioned in the refit - though that would involve an acceptance that it exists!

Hmmmm!!!!????   Have been on Azura lots of times and honestly have NEVER been aware of any smell at all

Some info on the refit from another site.

P&O Cruises Azura refit 2020

P&O Cruises Azura sets sail for a multimillion-pound refit in April 2020.

After 10 years at the heart of the P&O Cruises fleet, the much-loved family favourite deserves a little TLC – and  P&O Cruises are giving her the full treatment to get her ready for her seasons in the Mediterranean, the Baltic and the Caribbean.

P&O Cruises Azura refit

Here’s a little taster of what you can expect after Azura’s refit.

Azura’s open deck areas will be reworked to maximise sunshine time on board. Look out for improved alfresco bar and food experiences, new canopies and deck furniture, and refreshed swimming pools and poolside areas.

Inside, the refresh will be ship-wide with new carpets, soft furnishings and furniture across all public areas, bars and restaurants. Cabins will be spruced up too, with attention given to beds, bathrooms, woodwork, lighting and interior styling.

Dining areas, entertainment venues and the children’s space H2O will be upgraded, while favourite bars Blue Bar, Brodie’s, Malabar and the poolside Terrace Bar will now offer draught beer on tap.

And if you’re after deep relaxation, The Retreat and The Oasis Spa will be even more enticing. Expect new treatments and spa experiences to help you feel fresh and rejuvenated, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, emam said:

Some info on the refit from another site.

P&O Cruises Azura refit 2020

P&O Cruises Azura sets sail for a multimillion-pound refit in April 2020.

After 10 years at the heart of the P&O Cruises fleet, the much-loved family favourite deserves a little TLC – and  P&O Cruises are giving her the full treatment to get her ready for her seasons in the Mediterranean, the Baltic and the Caribbean.

P&O Cruises Azura refit

Here’s a little taster of what you can expect after Azura’s refit.

Azura’s open deck areas will be reworked to maximise sunshine time on board. Look out for improved alfresco bar and food experiences, new canopies and deck furniture, and refreshed swimming pools and poolside areas.

Inside, the refresh will be ship-wide with new carpets, soft furnishings and furniture across all public areas, bars and restaurants. Cabins will be spruced up too, with attention given to beds, bathrooms, woodwork, lighting and interior styling.

Dining areas, entertainment venues and the children’s space H2O will be upgraded, while favourite bars Blue Bar, Brodie’s, Malabar and the poolside Terrace Bar will now offer draught beer on tap.

And if you’re after deep relaxation, The Retreat and The Oasis Spa will be even more enticing. Expect new treatments and spa experiences to help you feel fresh and rejuvenated, too.

Thanks emam that looks pretty good - wonder if when they’re talking about ‘cabins will be spruced up too’ they’re looking at new modern TV’s & hopefully shower doors instead of curtains.  We can only dream!

1 hour ago, Hobson1754 said:

Thanks emam that looks pretty good - wonder if when they’re talking about ‘cabins will be spruced up too’ they’re looking at new modern TV’s & hopefully shower doors instead of curtains.  We can only dream!

Your dream is P&Os finance directors nightmare.😥

On 2/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, Harry Peterson said:

That’s one of the key concerns on FB, where that smell is a major topic. I’ve experienced the smell (basically raw sewage), and it’s not pleasant. It’s apparently been going on for years, and it’s odd that it’s not mentioned in the refit - though that would involve an acceptance that it exists!

Just off Azura and the smell was very bad.  However, I disagree that it has been around for years as we were on her 18 months ago doing the fjords and there was no smell evident at that time.

It is interesting that they are intending reworking the open decks to increase sunbathing space and installing awnings, as well as refurbishment of the pools and pool areas.  She has spent her winters in the Caribbean for the last 10 years and managed without these extras.  I wonder if as well as taking over the summer Med fly cruise itineraries from Oceana, in summer 2021, whether she might also take over the winter Arabian Gulf cruises as well after the winter 2021/2 season ends.  Once Iona 2 joins the fleet its likely that one of the XL class ships will join Britannia in the Caribbean, and possibly Oceana will be sold off somewhere.  

29 minutes ago, Britboys said:

"Look out for improved alfresco bar and food experiences"

In other words, more ways to get some money out of you 😁

Not necessarily, I am assuming they will re-model the open deck aft of the buffet, and maybe provide awning shade around Breakers bar and maybe Coral bar as well.