Perfect Day At Cococay-Harmony 2-1-20

Ptroxx

Just now, KALCJ1 said:

How was the water today?  Super cold?

Some people In my group thought it was cold. But I loved it.  Just right.  
we also had overcast skies too with the storm coming in.     

Also.   the taco in the buffet were amazing.   Save your money going to the Mexican Resturant for tacos.  Just wait for Cococay.   So good.  

I didn’t see any lobster at the Buffett.  
they had a lot of salad items and fruit .   Great tacos with 3 different meats and corn and flower tortious made fresh and hot. Burgers ,a bbq chicken ,hot dogs.  And toasted panini sandwiches of many different styles.   They only place that had chocolate chip cookies.  And a brownie that was soooo yummy.   And of course ice cream.     

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1

not to be Mrs. Bummer, but we were at Coco Cay a week ago and we mostly hated it.  but perhaps because it wasn't fully open or because there were two ships docked, it seemed incredibly crowded.  we all (7 of us) thought that there was hardly any beach left.  the chairs and umbrellas are free but you have to rush off the boat early to claim them and they're really packed close together - it was like being on an airplane, maybe 12 inches between rows, no space between chairs.  we did however LOVE the fact that the boat was docked!  there are so few 3 night cruises nowadays we'll probably be there again next year.  hopefully there will only be one ship.

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I didn’t see any lobster at the Buffett.  
they had a lot of salad items and fruit .   Great tacos with 3 different meats and corn and flower tortious made fresh and hot. Burgers ,a bbq chicken ,hot dogs.  And toasted panini sandwiches of many different styles.   They only place that had chocolate chip cookies.  And a brownie that was soooo yummy.   And of course ice cream.     

Did you get any pix of  the coco beach club?

Thanks so much for the photos/video of the South Beach cabanas!  Just what I was waiting for.  2 quick questions:

1. Did you happen to notice if there was music heard throughout the island?  Or just in certain locations?

2. About how long was the walk from the pier to South Beach?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Thanks so much for the photos/video of the South Beach cabanas!  Just what I was waiting for.  2 quick questions:

1. Did you happen to notice if there was music heard throughout the island?  Or just in certain locations?

2. About how long was the walk from the pier to South Beach?

Thanks again!

Yes there was music everywhere but if I remember correctly not by beach areas. I actually commented to a friend. That the music was good while eating at the buffet.  
The walk wasn’t bad at all maybe 10 minutes.   But they have shuttles that can take you throughout the island.  
the map even gives you walking times.   
they even had these cool beach wheelchairs if anyone needed.  
lone person in our group is in a wheelchair and they loved the chairs.  Made adventuring around the island so much easier   And they were free to use.  Just grab one and go. 

here’s some clips of the areas 

E2637D76-448D-4A2B-BBDB-F4F7C6211359.jpeg

101799E4-5582-4F21-BB71-1836BD36E5A4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yes there was music everywhere but if I remember correctly not by beach areas. I actually commented to a friend. That the music was good while eating at the buffet.  
The walk wasn’t bad at all maybe 10 minutes.   But they have shuttles that can take you throughout the island.  
the map even gives you walking times.   

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have a South Beach Cabana booked, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring a little speaker to play music.

6 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

they even had these cool beach wheelchairs if anyone needed.  
lone person in our group is in a wheelchair and they loved the chairs.  Made adventuring around the island so much easier   And they were free to use.  Just grab one and go. 

This makes me insanely happy. We have a daughter with cerebral palsy and typically avoid anything beach related because a regular wheelchair is impossible to push on a sandy beach. For us, a simple thing like this makes a WORLD of difference. Now to convince my husband that we should cruise with the kids and stop at Coco Cay!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have a South Beach Cabana booked, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring a little speaker to play music.

I would bring a small speaker for south beach.  You can hear in the video I took at south beach that you couldn’t hear the music.  But all the pool areas and food areas had good music going and even a guy playing live music.