Jump to content

Perfect Day At Cococay-Harmony 2-1-20


Recommended Posts

Just now, KALCJ1 said:

How was the water today?  Super cold?

Some people In my group thought it was cold. But I loved it.  Just right.  
we also had overcast skies too with the storm coming in.     

Also.   the taco in the buffet were amazing.   Save your money going to the Mexican Resturant for tacos.  Just wait for Cococay.   So good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t see any lobster at the Buffett.  
they had a lot of salad items and fruit .   Great tacos with 3 different meats and corn and flower tortious made fresh and hot. Burgers ,a bbq chicken ,hot dogs.  And toasted panini sandwiches of many different styles.   They only place that had chocolate chip cookies.  And a brownie that was soooo yummy.   And of course ice cream.     

Edited by Ptroxx
Link to post
Share on other sites

not to be Mrs. Bummer, but we were at Coco Cay a week ago and we mostly hated it.  but perhaps because it wasn't fully open or because there were two ships docked, it seemed incredibly crowded.  we all (7 of us) thought that there was hardly any beach left.  the chairs and umbrellas are free but you have to rush off the boat early to claim them and they're really packed close together - it was like being on an airplane, maybe 12 inches between rows, no space between chairs.  we did however LOVE the fact that the boat was docked!  there are so few 3 night cruises nowadays we'll probably be there again next year.  hopefully there will only be one ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I didn’t see any lobster at the Buffett.  
they had a lot of salad items and fruit .   Great tacos with 3 different meats and corn and flower tortious made fresh and hot. Burgers ,a bbq chicken ,hot dogs.  And toasted panini sandwiches of many different styles.   They only place that had chocolate chip cookies.  And a brownie that was soooo yummy.   And of course ice cream.     

Did you get any pix of  the coco beach club?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the photos/video of the South Beach cabanas!  Just what I was waiting for.  2 quick questions:

 

1. Did you happen to notice if there was music heard throughout the island?  Or just in certain locations?

 

2. About how long was the walk from the pier to South Beach?

 

Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Thanks so much for the photos/video of the South Beach cabanas!  Just what I was waiting for.  2 quick questions:

 

1. Did you happen to notice if there was music heard throughout the island?  Or just in certain locations?

 

2. About how long was the walk from the pier to South Beach?

 

Thanks again!

Yes there was music everywhere but if I remember correctly not by beach areas. I actually commented to a friend. That the music was good while eating at the buffet.  
The walk wasn’t bad at all maybe 10 minutes.   But they have shuttles that can take you throughout the island.  
the map even gives you walking times.   
they even had these cool beach wheelchairs if anyone needed.  
lone person in our group is in a wheelchair and they loved the chairs.  Made adventuring around the island so much easier   And they were free to use.  Just grab one and go. 
 

here’s some clips of the areas 
 

 

E2637D76-448D-4A2B-BBDB-F4F7C6211359.jpeg

101799E4-5582-4F21-BB71-1836BD36E5A4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yes there was music everywhere but if I remember correctly not by beach areas. I actually commented to a friend. That the music was good while eating at the buffet.  
The walk wasn’t bad at all maybe 10 minutes.   But they have shuttles that can take you throughout the island.  
the map even gives you walking times.   
 

 

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have a South Beach Cabana booked, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring a little speaker to play music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

  
they even had these cool beach wheelchairs if anyone needed.  
lone person in our group is in a wheelchair and they loved the chairs.  Made adventuring around the island so much easier   And they were free to use.  Just grab one and go. 

 

 

This makes me insanely happy. We have a daughter with cerebral palsy and typically avoid anything beach related because a regular wheelchair is impossible to push on a sandy beach. For us, a simple thing like this makes a WORLD of difference. Now to convince my husband that we should cruise with the kids and stop at Coco Cay!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have a South Beach Cabana booked, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring a little speaker to play music.

I would bring a small speaker for south beach.  You can hear in the video I took at south beach that you couldn’t hear the music.  But all the pool areas and food areas had good music going and even a guy playing live music.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...