Onboard the Royal Princess

Have a great cruise on the Royal Princess & looking forward to your experiences before we return to the ship this Spring. 🙂

Based on your photos they haven’t yet switched to the pump bottles on the sink counter for lotion & liquid soap like on the Sky so you have the bar & a tube of lotion.  Based on past discussions other Princess ships will eventually become like the Sky.  And the bar is no longer a round Lotus Spa labeled item...maybe another indication of eventually being eliminated fleetwide.  Due to the uncertainty I’ve added a bar of soap to my items for our future cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer
40 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Have a great cruise on the Royal Princess & looking forward to your experiences before we return to the ship this Spring. 🙂

Based on your photos they haven’t yet switched to the pump bottles on the sink counter for lotion & liquid soap like on the Sky so you have the bar & a tube of lotion.  Based on past discussions other Princess ships will eventually become like the Sky.  And the bar is no longer a round Lotus Spa labeled item...maybe another indication of eventually being eliminated fleetwide.  Due to the uncertainty I’ve added a bar of soap to my items for our future cruises.

What is strange is they switched to plastic to wrap the soap instead of paper.  🙄

Go figure.

22 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

What is strange is they switched to plastic to wrap the soap instead of paper.  🙄

Go figure.

Yes...they’re similar to the bars that any hotel/motel provides but not Princess.   My guess is the types of things the OP received will be provided until the supply runs out & the new pump bottles are added to the sink counters.

49 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes...they’re similar to the bars that any hotel/motel provides but not Princess.   My guess is the types of things the OP received will be provided until the supply runs out & the new pump bottles are added to the sink counters.

Many straws could be made out of all that plastic.  🤔

Question,

Did you have any additional health screening due to the Coronavirus? 

When I checked my cruise manger last night it had a window saying additional health screening would be done before boarding. Also if you had traveled from or through mainland China in the last 14 days prior to arriving at the port you would not be allowed to board the ship. Some exceptions to the travel ban where also noted.  You had to acknowledge reading the info before you could go to your cruise information. 

DD and I will be boarding this ship on the 6th. 

Happy Trails 🥃

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thank you!  😊

The soap is the type that is really gritty.  I’m thankful that I brought my own pump soap because just after a few uses my skin is dried out and wants to crack.  The soap they have on the ship always bothers my skin.  

2 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

Question,

When I checked my cruise manger last night it had a window saying additional health screening would be done before boarding. Also if you had traveled from or through mainland China in the last 14 days prior to arriving at the port you would not be allowed to board the ship. Some exceptions to the travel ban where also noted.  You had to acknowledge reading the info before you could go to your cruise information. 

Happy Trails 🥃

Boarding was the same as my two Royal Princess Cruises last October.  I think it took maybe 10 minutes for me to board!

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Nope, why?

We had the same silver soap dish in our suite on the Royal.  I don't recall one in the last mini suite we were in.  I must be having a senior moment.  LOL   Happy sailing!

Jan

On 2/1/2020 at 5:39 PM, BigWaveDave87 said:

Question,

Happy Trails 🥃

I read the message on my phone, but I didn't see the acknowledgement.  We are also boarding on the 6th.  🙂