A few questions for Oasis of the Seas

coolio111

Where do I find out which deck to go to set up my dining option on Oasis of the Seas on embarkation day?

Before we are allowed access to our rooms, how do we know what is happening where? Is there a cruise compass available somewhere on the ship.

If I want to only try the meat part of an entree, is that possible?

Does the balloon drop happen at midnight?

Are cabins usually open at 1pm?

You either have an assigned seat in fixed seating dining or MyTime.  Latter can be booked on your Cruise Planner.  Crew when you board can tell you where to go if you need to change these.

Cruise Compass is available in a rack next to Guest Services but easier to look in the RCI app.  This might work in the terminal before you board but often isn't fully functional until you board.

We often order the surf and turf option without the surf.  If you don't want the weird potatoes and want baked or french fries, just ask your waiter.  Same if your don't want sauces.  They may or may not bring out just meat from the kitchen - depends on if they can get the attention of the guys behind the counter.  They might just bring a whole plate.

Have yet to watch a balloon drop.

Cabins generally open either at 1 or 1:30.

• Like 1

To build on what the previous poster answered: 

• You were likely assigned a dining option (either early or late seating or My Time Dining) when you booked (check your reservation), then call RCL or your TA and have them do it. Or you can do it online or in the app if it's up and running. If none of this works, or you're on the wait list for the one you want, then go to the dining room as soon as you  can that first day and ask one of the reps there to do it for you. (if it's for MTD, that's the dining room on deck 3)
  • If you were already assigned MTD, you can (and from what I experienced on Anthem, SHOULD) make reservations for each night in the cruise planner online, or the app. You can also do that on the first day or call in the morning or just show up when you want to eat each night, but you might have to wait a few minutes. 
  • As LeeW said, there are Cruise Compasses at Guest Services, and in the app, if you download that. 
  • RCl is pretty good about getting nearly all cabins open by approximately 1:00 PM, but occasionally a group of rooms might be later. 
  • As for your food questions, you can order whatever you want, in whatever combination you want--even 2 separate entrees with no side dishes or nothing but side dishes or 4 different appetizers: the waiters are super accommodating and will bring you whatever you want. 

Hope this helps!