Legend 8232 versus Aft Balcony?

Bostncruiser44

If views from your balcony are important,  then the Vista suites (aft wrap) are the way to go for the views and the balcony space. Otherwise, 8232 would be great. FYI, we've only been on VS and GS suites on Spirit class ships and like the aft wraps the best. 

• Thanks 1

We’ve stayed in a Vista aft on the Pride and loved it! I’m wondering how much we will be on the balcony; will we be exploring the ports too much to truly enjoy the balcony? Yet, we love the priority boarding and disembarkation processes. I also love the extra bathroom space.... 

Your questions about time on the balcony and time in ports are valid, and I guess only you can answer that based on your itinerary and your port time plans. I, however, would take the Vista suite regardless.... but that's just me.  😊

Don't know if you booked already,  but IMO I would go with the bowling alley balcony. I say this though I am in just an aft and was debating to go to the wrap but for our sailing was like $3k more. 

Depending on what the Med cruise is, the priority boarding might not matter. Our sailing out of Venice leaves at 11pm. Sure we will check in and drop off bag, but we won't be actually on board until 8pm or later.  

On another note, excursions can be.. pricey in Europe depending on what you want to do and/or how many people you want to do it with! Our last Med cruise (13 days) I spend more money on excursions (all private for me and DH) than I did on the suite on MSC itself. I am actually on track to spend about the same amount as our Legend 12 day for stuff off the ship (not including hotels) also. If you are cool with big groups it might not matter to you, but in all honesty... esp our Athens and Malta stops were made because we were alone and had private archaeologist guides with us. But we paid a lot for them ($700 & $650 just for those 2). 

If you (or anyone else reading) are budgeting, think about what is more important. The better cruise room, or experiences? I don't sleep much in general. I work 3rd shift and get an average of 5-6 hours of sleep a day (unlimited OT with $500 bonus's per WEEK that you work 10+ hrs of OT? Yeah... I am soo there!!) Even when I wasn't 3rd shift and working 51+ hr weeks, I would still only get 4-5 hrs of sleep a day. I was so exhausted at the end the port days in the Med both me and DH were in bed by 10pm.