coronavirus

guitarcrazy

My available cabin count came from the PGcruises.com site over the weekend and again this morning and did not  include duplicate category types.  As I said previously, I don’t know why such a dramatic swing occurred.  Wife was planning on flying into Fiji for a prestay and flying out of Tahiti so PG getting creative with an itinerary might be problematic.  If they can’t get into or out of Fiji, where do you think the cruise might reasonably start?

4 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

My available cabin count came from the PGcruises.com site over the weekend and again this morning and did not  include duplicate category types.  As I said previously, I don’t know why such a dramatic swing occurred.  Wife was planning on flying into Fiji for a prestay and flying out of Tahiti so PG getting creative with an itinerary might be problematic.  If they can’t get into or out of Fiji, where do you think the cruise might reasonably start?

Also booked same air in February and I rarely book that far in advance. We were supposed to go to Mexico next week and decided to cancel  the Air last night. I carelessly canceled the Tahiti Air instead. According to the AA website if the  flights were before April 1 there would be no cancellation charge and  a credit would be issued that can be used on any flights this year. Instead I could be out up to $1500. We will probably be able to negotiate it down when we are ready to use it.  My guess is they will be moving the free cancel up periodically.  

Air Tahiti Nui update (:https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/updates-march-18th-2020-1000am-pdt-0😞

Update as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 4:00PM PDT

Prohibition of entry into the territory of French Polynesia for all non-residents of French Polynesia.

The Government of French Polynesia has issued an updated travel advisory. Effectively immediately, only Residents of French Polynesia will be granted entry. Accordingly, we regret to inform you that Air Tahiti Nui will only board for travel to Papeete, French Polynesia, passengers showing residency status in the destination. This is a temporary measure, expected to last two to six weeks. 

Air Tahiti Nui travel advisory March 20:  Effective from March 26th, through April 30, Air Tahiti Nui will undergo a temporary cessation of flights between Los Angeles and Tahiti. This estimated schedule reduction remains subject to change, depending on the evolution of the situation in French Polynesia and of course, worldwide.

Followed by this information posted by mercruiser in the Pacific Islands section:  Air Tahiti Nui will suspend all flights to and from French Polynesia as of March 28.  "This will effectively end air links out of Tahiti after both Air France and French Bee said they were suspending their flights." https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/1b7df4d3-bae6-4aec-828f-a441b3d095aa

And for those considering Bali to Fiji charter arriving June 6 or Fiji to Tahiti trip beginning June 6:  "Fiji Airways, Fiji’s National Airline, has announced that it will suspend all international flights until the end of May, with the exception of twice-weekly services between Singapore and Nadi…. The suspensions are in place until the end of May, and may be extended further if travel restrictions remain in place."  https://www.fiji.travel/covid-19

Edited by Friscorays

Thanks for the continuing updates. Looks like they are taking it seriously. We pray for the health and safety of all, especially FP residents. 

Fingers and toes crossed that this all gets resolved in time for our PG Cruise of July 4th. Gotta remain hopeful!