Verizon or T-Mobile better for Eastern Caribbean Cruise

We are about to purchase new phones and considering switching from Verizon to T-mobile if the service is better for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Anyone with experience with both while cruising?  We will be on Princess.  Also have upcoming trip non-cruise to Europe so thinking about that as well.  

I only have experience with Verizon, on my company phone.  It works well.  It may depend upon your billing plan, but I have learned to turn data roaming off overnight while sailing.  Verizon bills me $10 for each county I visit and when sailing overnight I may "visit" an island (and get a $10 daily charge) that we didn't actually stop at.  Me, and my company, don't mind paying for the daytime connection, but it is silly to pay for a full day when you are only close enough for an hour of data.

Never had an issue with Tmobile in FLL. I also love that 99% of the places that I cruise to in The Caribbean are covered in my plan. The internet is slower and phone calls cost money, but data and text are free and unlimited.

• 1 year later...

I use T Mobile  Texting and Internet is free anywhere we go . If you want to make a call it costs the way around it is use a  VOIP app  Hangouts Dialer or Google Voice are free or Magic Jack is 4 dollars per month . I use an app that comes with my business VoIP system. I know people who use them all never have problems