News on the Westerdam

dillpickle48

14 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

I have been following this thread but have not posted anything. But I did just check Marine Traffic and it is showing that the Westerdam has sailed. Now the question is to where.

Yes I noticed that also that a little while ago the Westerdam left the port of Sihanoukville  and Marine traffis shows that it is going to Kos , Greece  ?????? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

We were just told the same tonight by the Ontario Health Ministry  after earlier today they said it was a good idea to self impose another 14 days , the same peson called me back tonight .

Also there was an article in USA Today that the lady in Kuala Lumpur has not had the virus as far as they can see the last few days . It makes 100% sense that she was a false positive . She is still in hospital for different issues ! 

Welcome back! and I am glad all turned out well!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Yes I noticed that also that a little while ago the Westerdam left the port of Sihanoukville  and Marine traffis shows that it is going to Kos , Greece  ?????? 

Hi. I Googled KOS and what I found could be that its the 3 letter port code for Sihanoukville. Like a 3 letter airport code. Sometimes I have noticed this on the Marine Traffic website where it lists where the ship had been with its last port and not where its going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcummin said:

Nobody has used the words "false positive."  I had questioned the two positive tests for the lady in Malaysia.  Since then, she has tested negative.  And others also seem to be questioning how she could have tested positive while no others have from the Westerdam.

Barbara

It sure seems like it might have been a false positive, but I’ve not seen the phrase used in relation to the various tests used to detect said virus. But if she had it, hard to believe she wouldn’t have given it to at least one other person,  and it appears as if she didn’t.

• Like 1

Nobody has used the words "false positive."  I had questioned the two positive tests for the lady in Malaysia.  Since then, she has tested negative.  And others also seem to be questioning how she could have tested positive while no others have from the Westerdam.

Barbara

It sure seems like it might have been a false positive, but I’ve not seen the phrase used in relation to the various tests used to detect said virus. But if she had it, hard to believe she wouldn’t have given it to at least one other person,  and it appears as if she didn’t.

• Like 1

Barbara

• Like 1

Barbara

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcummin said:

Barbara

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

.  .  .  Also there was an article in USA Today that the lady in Kuala Lumpur has not had the virus as far as they can see the last few days . It makes 100% sense that she was a false positive . She is still in hospital for different issues ! 

Welcome home!  And thank you for this USA Today article.  I like it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/02/21/coronavirus-holland-america-ms-westerdam-cruise-passenger-cleared/4834124002/

Edited by bcummin

3 hours ago, rjbean4 said:

I have been following this thread but have not posted anything. But I did just check Marine Traffic and it is showing that the Westerdam has sailed. Now the question is to where.

The Marine ASIS track shows the ship is heading towards the Suez Canal at about 14 knots.  The projected track has the vessel heading into the Med.  One might take a guess that the ship will eventually head out into the Atlantic but that is simply my guess.  

Hank

Good news for everybody with friends & family aboard the Westerdam-- USA today reports CDC now feels confident enough to say nobody on board had coronavirus: 

I personally would still err on the side of caution if I was a passenger who came down with a cold or flu and get to a doctor ASAP-- but it sounds like those who thought it was suspicious there was only one case on the whole ship were evidently correct. 🙂 

• Like 4

Somewhere im my previous posts there was the info from Cambodian media that Westerdam will sail out to sea to be back on Sunday for refueling 700 tons of oil.

And another thing - Cambodian media revealed the 83 yr lady's identity. Not sure if copied from Malaysian media but they made it public.

4 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

When I click on the 'route forecast' button, the path shown does lead to Greece.  Wait and see, I guess.

5 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

We were just told the same tonight by the Ontario Health Ministry  after earlier today they said it was a good idea to self impose another 14 days , the same peson called me back tonight .

Also there was an article in USA Today that the lady in Kuala Lumpur has not had the virus as far as they can see the last few days . It makes 100% sense that she was a false positive . She is still in hospital for different issues ! 

Welcome back Tony and Martha!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alphen said:

KOS definitely stands for Sihanoukville Cambodia.

It does indeed.  However,  MarineTraffic.com lists the ship's destination as GR KGS which is Kos, Greece.  So either the destination is wrong, (computer glitch, or not transmitting the right information) or it is just quite a coincidence that the name of the port it's headed to is the same as the code for the port it left.  As I said, until we get more info, wait and see.

• Like 1