Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There is mention of Pilates and yoga classes but are there Spin, circuit and other classes as well. We are looking forward to our forthcoming TA but we will need to work hard in the gym to keep our weight under control.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No spin or circuit classes. Viking ships are small and therefore the gym is not large. If you go on their website and take the 360 degree tour of the gym you’ll see what I mean. Having participated in the yoga and Pilates classes, I know that they are held in the Torshavn late night bar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SrCruizer said:

No spin or circuit classes. Viking ships are small and therefore the gym is not large. If you go on their website and take the 360 degree tour of the gym you’ll see what I mean. Having participated in the yoga and Pilates classes, I know that they are held in the Torshavn late night bar.

That’s disappointing. I doubt we will just have to run round the ship a few times to burn some calories. 🏃🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, haydn12 said:

I did a couple circuit classes on Viking Jupiter back in July.  One of the classes I was the only one to show up.  The other one we had 6 people sweating!

 

Jim

I’m hoping on a TA, with so many sea days, that classes of one sort or another will be offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no need for classes.  You can warm up in the gym with fifteen minutes on the bike, then use the various pieces of equipment -- treadmill, synchro, chest press, shoulder press, rowing and so on.  Weights too.  I found that there was more than ample to fully exercise . . .  or not.  And there's the top deck equipment outside too.  And stairs to go up, and get the lifts down.  You need not weary for calorie-burning opportunities. 

 

Or go for smaller portions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rawmac said:

There's no need for classes.  You can warm up in the gym with fifteen minutes on the bike, then use the various pieces of equipment -- treadmill, synchro, chest press, shoulder press, rowing and so on.  Weights too.  I found that there was more than ample to fully exercise . . .  or not.  And there's the top deck equipment outside too.  And stairs to go up, and get the lifts down.  You need not weary for calorie-burning opportunities. 

 

Or go for smaller portions. 

I’m not a stranger to gym equipment and I’m sure I fill find ways of losing a few calories. Smaller portions however is not an option I plan to take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, SrCruizer said:

No spin or circuit classes. Viking ships are small and therefore the gym is not large. If you go on their website and take the 360 degree tour of the gym you’ll see what I mean. Having participated in the yoga and Pilates classes, I know that they are held in the Torshavn late night bar.

 

Does the gym get crowded?  It appears Viking passengers are more into fitness than most of the other ships we've sailed.  We usually do cardio on the running track and free weights in the gym.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

 

Does the gym get crowded?  It appears Viking passengers are more into fitness than most of the other ships we've sailed.  We usually do cardio on the running track and free weights in the gym.

We were on the 38 day crossing from Vancouver to Hong Kong.  The only "busy" times were on sea days and even then the free weights and circuit machines had just a handful of people using them.  There were always treadmills open and only a few times were all 4 exercise bikes in use with only a brief wait before they became available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the ships from the Sun on have a bigger gym which is an improvement.  We had yoga by the pool many times on cruises that I have been on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...