At cocoa cay now and wondering...

cwmcaa

Does anyone know the cost of the improvements to the island?  It’’s really well done and we were blown away by the food, best and cleanest food area we have ever had on an island. This must have cost a fortune.

Just curious if someone happened to know. 

Edited by cwmcaa

18 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

How cold is it there?  I'll be going in three weeks and figuring it'll be too cold to swim. I'm a certified wuss though.

We were on the Jan 3 sailing and weather was perfect for swimming!  Now it should also be perfect!  Enjoy.  I also always wear a coolibar swim jacket- they protect you from the sun and can keep you warm.  Buy one!  Your dermatologist will be glad you did!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

How cold is it there?  I'll be going in three weeks and figuring it'll be too cold to swim. I'm a certified wuss though.

We were there a few weeks ago and I thought the water was warm enough, at least in the water park. I don’t know what the temperature was, but the water on the slides and in the wave pool was warm enough for me. Similar to you I am not crazy about cold water. Hopefully, the water will be warm enough for you when you go. It really is impressive what they have done to that island.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Disneyfan2 said:

What do you use to secure your phone and valuables while you are swimming while on the island?

They have lockers all over the island. 

Maybe we’re just trusting people but when we went swimming in the pool, we left our stuff on our chairs and felt totally safe.  Remember that it’s a private island so the only locals are those who work there.

We are going on Oct 17 in Independence OTS.  

hoping the water will still be fairly warm as the summer season will just be ending.

Living in Florida has caused our blood to thin substantially - when I saw 76 degrees water temp in an earlier post,  my thought was 'No way"! LOL.

We sailed last December with Carnival, and the water in the pool on the ship was freezing!