Jump to content

What are you packing? (Not clothes)


Vampiress88
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Totally agree. There's only the two of us. I don't go holiday to wash,  that's for when I get home.


Never washed clothes on a cruise before but cos there are 4 of us and I am taking my car which is a little Kia then only take three cases. 
 

what does everyone take then as if I think about it I would need 14 daytime outfits and 14 night time outfits? And that would just be for me! Not including same for hubby, and kids. 
 

At least when we go away after this we are in a villa with own washing machine and I agree don’t like household chores on holiday but it was loads easier to do the washing whilst we played in pool that take loads of clothes. Plus I didn’t have very much washing to do when we can home either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest draw-back for me doing any washing on board is having to use driers.

I don't use one at home because , after constant use, they ruin your clothes. I'll only have the odd item laundered on board if absolutely necessary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

The biggest draw-back for me doing any washing on board is having to use driers.

I don't use one at home because , after constant use, they ruin your clothes. I'll only have the odd item laundered on board if absolutely necessary. 

I agree completely and prefer to catch up with all the washing when we get home. We always cruise from Southampton so take enough clothes to last although so far have not been away longer than 22 nights. We take a tube of travel wash and use that to hand wash any underwear if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crompton21 said:

 

Your guess is as good as mine, although I think in this instance it was being recommended to seal up the air conditioning to prevent disease.  

Or, judging by the amount of criticism P&O ships have had lately, hold them together maybe? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, P-L-B said:

My sister in law having returned from her 99 day world cruise said to us that they enjoyed it so much that they could have stayed on longer. 

However my Wife is not keen on anything longer than 14 days.

The longest we have done so far is 19 nights, but I would love to do the worldie and will one day. 

We love to relax properly on cruises, something you can never really do at home, so don't think we would have an issue. 

Roll on retirement... 

Andy 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The longest we have done so far is 19 nights, but I would love to do the worldie and will one day. 

We love to relax properly on cruises, something you can never really do at home, so don't think we would have an issue. 

Roll on retirement... 

Andy 

 

The biggest problem with retirement Andy is that ,unless you're one of the lucky ones, you have to be old before you get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The longest we have done so far is 19 nights, but I would love to do the worldie and will one day. 

We love to relax properly on cruises, something you can never really do at home, so don't think we would have an issue. 

Roll on retirement... 

Andy 

 

Yes definitely go for the worldie if you can, I’m sure you and Michelle will have a fantastic time.

My sister in law, bother in law came back with lots of unforgettable experiences.

I would be up for longer cruises but my Wife is happier with shorter but more often cruising.

As regards retirement Andy, I can definitely recommend it. 🍻 😁
BTW, regarding getting older.

Remember age is only a number, problem is the number gets bigger every year. 😁

Edited by P-L-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Yes definitely go for the worldie if you can, I’m sure you and Michelle will have a fantastic time.

My sister in law, bother in law came back with lots of unforgettable experiences.

I would be up for longer cruises but my Wife is happier with shorter but more often cruising.

As regards retirement Andy, I can definitely recommend it. 🍻 😁
BTW, regarding getting older.

Remember age is only a number, problem is the number gets bigger every year. 😁

I always think that  age is a state mind. I'm 73 and my mind says I'm only 50. Unfortunately my body occasionally says something entirely different 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I always think that  age is a state mind. I'm 73 and my mind says I'm only 50. Unfortunately my body occasionally says something entirely different 😉

Yes, I agree and can relate to everything you say. 😁

Fortunately  I was able to take early retirement 10 years ago when in my late 50’s and haven’t looked back.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am 73 and still working and thoroughly enjoying it.  Also Volunteer Coastwatch up at Prawle Point.  I would get sick of the food on a Worldie.  Even on a 19 nighter, it repeats.  Roast this and roast that gets a bit boring after a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...