Internet Pricing Strategy

sakigemcam

Hello - We don't usually get internet on cruises because the disconnect is heavenly, but on our upcoming trip we need it to stay in touch with family. Since we don't normally pay attention - -  does the (ridiculous) pricing go down once the ship sets sail, over the next few days? 

Appreciate your insights!

Not really.  We normally take cruises of 14 nights or more and on those mid cruise you can purchase a internet package for about half the cost for a full cruise package.

Did you look at the Surf package?  It is less expensive and unless you need streaming it worked fine for us. 

24 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Hello - We don't usually get internet on cruises because the disconnect is heavenly, but on our upcoming trip we need it to stay in touch with family. Since we don't normally pay attention - -  does the (ridiculous) pricing go down once the ship sets sail, over the next few days? 

Appreciate your insights!

As jelayne said, at the half way point in your cruise, they will re-offer the same packages at a reduced price to reflect the lower number of days that you will be using it.  It's not a significant enough reduction to change the $/day ratio, but the total cost is lower.

Jan 2 2018 Solstice.JPG

Jan 2 2018 Solstice 12 Night Sailing. The above ad was advertised on Day 7.

Edited by mahdnc

56 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Thank you - do you know if WhatsApp would work with the Surf package? I'd think so?

I've read mixed opinion on whether you can use WhatsApp with the Surf Package.  The description says it will not work for Face Time and Streaming so not sure.   It definitely works with the Xcelerate package.    

Make sure you get your CC discount or free minutes - 

Classic - 10% Discount

Select -   25%

Elite   -    30%

Elite+ -   35%

Prices seem to vary.  Check when they have a sale.  The next one should be Presidents Day from 14-17 February.  Keep checking the cruise planner.  If you book at a higher price, you can rebook the lower price and cancel the higher price.  🍷

2 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

Thank you - do you know if WhatsApp would work with the Surf package? I'd think so?

Yes it does work with WhatsApp. Could not make calls over the WiFi or load Instagram, but I could post photos to Facebook. It was slow though. 

The cost onboard the first of our B2B cruises was $332 for stream/ one device. $188 for surf/one device. I don’t recall seeing reductions, but I don’t have all the flyers. That was our eleven nights cruise. They then put an offer out for two days unlimited $95 for the last two days of the cruise. I think it was similar pricing on the 13 nights cruise we are on now. The same offer for $95 came out yesterday.