Jump to content

Tips for a balcony room


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

 

You do realize according to Carnival the balcony is considered part of my stateroom, so I can in fact use my Bluetooth speaker on it without it being against rules & regulations. 

 

Per Carnival:

 

Balcony

Any time you’re in your room, you’re steps away from your own personal outdoor oasis… designed for maximum sea breeze and the most stunning views.

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

 

Really?  My balcony isn't a public space.  In fact, it is considered part of my stateroom I believe.  It states nothing specifically about the balcony, but it is implied that the balcony is part of your stateroom since it isn't a public space.  

 

Nice try.

 


Then why do you think security was able to confiscate the persons speaker? They also stated they were playing it very low like both of you. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VentureMan_2000 said:


It's what you are doing outside your cabin folks are speaking to you about...  

 

Actually my balcony is an extension of my cabin- per Carnival. It is not a "public space"...but again we aren't going to be neighbors- I actually know who will be in the cabins next to me.

 

Happy Sailing! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

 

Really?  My balcony isn't a public space.  In fact, it is considered part of my stateroom I believe.  It states nothing specifically about the balcony, but it is implied that the balcony is part of your stateroom since it isn't a public space.  

 

Nice try.

 

So, are claiming you can do everything on your balcony you can do in your room?  I can tell you that is not true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

 


Then why do you think security was able to confiscate the persons speaker? They also stated they were playing it very low like both of you. 
 

 

 

I play my bluetooth speaker every cruise- never had an issue and will continue to do so. I cannot answer the issue the other poster says occurred I can only speak on what my experience has been.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

 


Then why do you think security was able to confiscate the persons speaker? They also stated they were playing it very low like both of you. 
 

 

 

They didn't confiscate the speaker.  Did you read?  JH said the same thing, but read the person's post.  Plus, (will say it again) if security came, then she didn't have the speaker at a reasonable level.  Security wouldn't come for something small.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rukkian said:

So, are claiming you can do everything on your balcony you can do in your room?  I can tell you that is not true.

 

No, because there are some rules for the balcony.  BT speakers are just not one of them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could do a bunch of quotes from the self righteous on this thread but I'll just save space instead.

 

Bottom Line: You are on a Foreign Flagged vessel most likely in International waters or the coastal waters of a foreign country. So go ahead and demand your self proclaimed rights. Lots of people have done exactly that in the past and found themselves removed (kicked off) from the ship in the next port and having to get home on their own. And it will be even more fun if you don't have a passport, because according to you - you only need a Real ID, etc, etc.

Edited by SDPadreFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you can hear it then the people 12 inches from you on the next balcony can hear it. If you don’t care about being inconsiderate of those around you then just own it. There’s always earbuds and headphones for Samsung people.

Agree, and I absolutely hate jazz. Use your speaker in your cabin but not on the balcony please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:


Got it.  You will choose being thoughtless to your neighbors, regardless.  😐

 

tomato or tomatoe- thank you baby jesus-your opinion on what I do or don't doesn't matter- pay all my bills and you'll have a say that truly matters.

 

I know who I am- I'm a thoughtful and courteous cruiser who happens to enjoy listening to a little smooth jazz in the evening with my husband on the balcony I paid to use for the time period we are on the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

 

You do realize according to Carnival the balcony is considered part of my stateroom, so I can in fact use my Bluetooth speaker on it without it being against rules & regulations. 

 

Per Carnival:

 

Balcony

Any time you’re in your room, you’re steps away from your own personal outdoor oasis… designed for maximum sea breeze and the most stunning views.

 

 

You can't be serious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

 

Really?  My balcony isn't a public space.  In fact, it is considered part of my stateroom I believe.  It states nothing specifically about the balcony, but it is implied that the balcony is part of your stateroom since it isn't a public space.  

 

Nice try.

 

Try sitting nude on your private balcony when you're in a port docked. You can't really believe you can make any noise you want to on your private balcony? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

I know who I am- I'm a thoughtful and courteous cruiser who happens to enjoy listening to a little smooth jazz in the evening with my husband on the balcony I paid to use for the time period we are on the ship.

 

If you ever find yourself in Cabo San Lucas (not on a cruise ship), there is a catamaran called the Tropicat that does a sunset, cool jazz and wine sailing that is just heaven. Unfortunately Cabo is a tender port and cruise ships leave before/at sunset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Try sitting nude on your private balcony when you're in a port docked. You can't really believe you can make any noise you want to on your private balcony? 

 

Seriously?  What does sitting nude on your private balcony while in port docked have to do with my BT speaker (is it listed in the rules?)?  People talk, laugh (out loud-gasp), and lots of other things on their balcony that are a whole lot louder than my (allowed) BT speaker!!

 

Again, as long as it isn't against the rules I do it.  And, not one single person has posted a single link from Carnival stating it wasn't allowed on my balcony.  So, unless you are with Carnival, you don't get to make the rules. 

 

And to SDPadreFan, when did it become self righteous to follow the CARNIVAL rules, not the ones made up by CC people.  And, it is not a "self proclaimed right".  It isn't against the rules, so it clearly is my right.

Edited by TerReuv
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is now the perfect example of what is wrong with society.  It is no longer about courtesy and doing the right thing, it is about what you can get away with.

 

Your cabin is hot?  Sorry....no rule against ME leaving my balcony door open.

 

You like unplugged silence so you can listen to the wind and waves?  Sorry.....no rule against ME playing my music.

Edited by ray98
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

 

Seriously?  What does sitting nude on your private balcony while in port docked have to do with my BT speaker (is it listed in the rules?)?  People talk, laugh (out loud-gasp), and lots of other things on their balcony that are a whole lot louder than my (allowed) BT speaker!!

 

Again, as long as it isn't against the rules I do it.  And, not one single person has posted a single link from Carnival stating it wasn't allowed on my balcony.  So, unless you are with Carnival, you don't get to make the rules. 

 

And to SDPadreFan, when did it become self righteous to follow the CARNIVAL rules, not the ones made up by CC people.  And, it is not a "self proclaimed right".  It isn't against the rules, so it clearly is my right.

490184989_ScreenShot2020-02-04at3_09_05PM.thumb.png.ed0ad14864d3500b69f6162485687081.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

 


Then why do you think security was able to confiscate the persons speaker? They also stated they were playing it very low like both of you. 
 

 

If they did, obviously they didn't feel it was at a reasonable level. 

I couldn't imagine complaining about somebody playing music on their balcony at a low volume. Of course different people have different opinions of low. Be respectful of your neighbors is all that really needs to be said. 

 

I'm surprised they don't list Hammocks as banned, because of safety reasons. It doesn't appear to be written policy, so I'd say it is okay to bring one, despite John Heald, but I'd take it down when not using it.

I've only sailed with a balcony twice. I'm not an overly big fan of having one, but I have been naked on mine, but that is largely dependent on type and location of balcony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

And to SDPadreFan, when did it become self righteous to follow the CARNIVAL rules, not the ones made up by CC people.  And, it is not a "self proclaimed right".  It isn't against the rules, so it clearly is my right.

 

You probably aren't aware that out at sea - the Ships Captain makes ALL THE RULES (not the Carnival boardroom). So what he/she says goes and Carnival is pretty much going to stand up for their skippers. So IF someone insists on being a "pain in the ..." because they have the Carnival rule book - good luck getting home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

490184989_ScreenShot2020-02-04at3_09_05PM.thumb.png.ed0ad14864d3500b69f6162485687081.png

And as has been mentioned, your balcony is definitely 100% not public space and I'd agree with those saying it is part of your stateroom (literally a balcony stateroom). The key is respectfully. If it is bothering your neighbors, it isn't respectfully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

 

You probably aren't aware that out at sea - the Ships Captain makes ALL THE RULES (not the Carnival boardroom). So what he/she says goes and Carnival is pretty much going to stand up for their skippers. So IF someone insists on being a "pain in the ..." because they have the Carnival rule book - good luck getting home.

 

Of course I know that.  However, I don't think the Captain is going to get involved regarding a BT speaker on a balcony.  Plus, not one person on this thread is with Carnival or the Captain, so I think I will go with their rules.  If someone is bothered, then I'll stop.  Interesting that you have no answer to why my following the rules is self righteous.

 

34 minutes ago, ray98 said:

This thread is now the perfect example of what is wrong with society.  It is no longer about courtesy and doing the right thing, it is about what you can get away with.

 

Your cabin is hot?  Sorry....no rule against ME leaving my balcony door open.

 

You like unplugged silence so you can listen to the wind and waves?  Sorry.....no rule against ME playing my music.

 

Seriously? So, stating I would follow the rules is all of a sudden a ME thing?  Well, if it is then I will be happy to be part of that group.  Here's a news flash - following the rules is doing the right thing!  Following the arbitrary "rules" the folks on CC make up, is not.  If you have a problem with that then please go ahead and find a cruise line that doesn't allow BT speakers or start requesting Carnival change their rules.  Otherwise, I am not doing anything wrong. 

Edited by TerReuv
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

490184989_ScreenShot2020-02-04at3_09_05PM.thumb.png.ed0ad14864d3500b69f6162485687081.png

 

Again, not sure what you are pointing to.  It clearly says public areas and my private balcony is not a public area.  It is part of my stateroom.  Please shoe me where it states I cannot have it on my balcony and I will agree with you.  Otherwise, please just stop posting things that are not relevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

And as has been mentioned, your balcony is definitely 100% not public space and I'd agree with those saying it is part of your stateroom (literally a balcony stateroom). The key is respectfully. If it is bothering your neighbors, it isn't respectfully.

 

Exactly!  But, others like to think they are in charge.  I have never had a complaint and we have met our neighbors and chatted with them and nothing was ever said to us or to GS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

 

Again, not sure what you are pointing to.  It clearly says public areas and my private balcony is not a public area.  It is part of my stateroom.  Please shoe me where it states I cannot have it on my balcony and I will agree with you.  Otherwise, please just stop posting things that are not relevant.

While your balcony is not "public space" it is clearly not IN your stateroom. It is exterior to your stateroom and you alone have access to it. However what happens on your private balcony has different rules than inside your stateroom. Just like at home. your back porch is your private porch but if neighbors can hear or see "offending" things then there can be rules against it that would not pertain to what happens inside your house. Even what happens inside your stateroom falls under a code of contact.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...