Ponant are Clowns

resistk

On 2/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, resistk said:

If I have broken some Cruise Critic rule, the posts can be deleted, doesn't bother me one bit. I don't think "clown" is deadly insult, it means "laughable."  But if I have offended anyone I beg your indulgence.

If you are that upset with Ponant over a minor cost and medical clearance maybe best you don't sail with them.

My SIL just did a cruise with them which unfortunately encountered heavy seas as it was off New Zealand to the sub-antarctic. Even though they missed some places they still thought Ponant were very good. I will certainly try them myself based on my SIL's comments.

• Like 1

resistk,

I think the medical form is ridiculous for a transatlantic cruise. Must be a mistake. Did somebody read 91 instead of 61? Or did they send out the wrong form when they meant to send the one where you have to confirm that you haven't been to China, Hong Kong and Macau within the last 2 weeks? 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:23 AM, Floridiana said:

resistk,

I think the medical form is ridiculous for a transatlantic cruise. Must be a mistake. Did somebody read 91 instead of 61? Or did they send out the wrong form when they meant to send the one where you have to confirm that you haven't been to China, Hong Kong and Macau within the last 2 weeks? 

Not a mistake. They use this for all ocean voyage cruises. We did one aboard Le Champlain in October where we sailed from Boston to Cozumel and hugged the coast the entire time. We still had to visit the GP to fill out the form. Minor inconvenience, but that is their policy company-wide. 

On 2/23/2020 at 10:19 AM, Floridiana said:

Since when? They did not in 2014.

My first cruise with Ponant was this past October, so at least since about six months prior to that. They don’t demand it on all cruises, though — just expedition and ocean voyage itineraries. 

We will be on this cruise. I hope you have calmed down by then. I have to admit that we were a little surprised by the medical forms. We are in our 50s. But, we have been on at least 2 cruises where people have died. Cruise ship crew told us that someone usually dies on each cruise.  People go on cruises to die and go out doing something they love. If the cost of the visit to the doctor is that big of a deal I suggest you do not travel.