Stateroom question Freedom of the Seas

My husband and I are planning a possible cruise on Freedom of the Seas on October 14, 2021 out of Cape Bayonne.  The ocean view balcony rooms on starboard side deck 6 on the "hump" are all available.  Rooms such as 6340 and surrounding.  I have a couple of questions:

These are near the stairs and above the promenade on deck 5.  Will there be too much noise?

Since the cruise is in the middle of October, would we enjoy a balcony anyway?  We have been on this itinerary before but at the end of August.  We love the ports and a balcony, but we are not sure under these circumstances if one is necessary.  The hump rooms are suppose to be a nice location however.

21 minutes ago, djyellowsub said:

My husband and I are planning a possible cruise on Freedom of the Seas on October 14, 2021 out of Cape Bayonne.  The ocean view balcony rooms on starboard side deck 6 on the "hump" are all available.  Rooms such as 6340 and surrounding.  I have a couple of questions:

These are near the stairs and above the promenade on deck 5.  Will there be too much noise?

Since the cruise is in the middle of October, would we enjoy a balcony anyway?  We have been on this itinerary before but at the end of August.  We love the ports and a balcony, but we are not sure under these circumstances if one is necessary.  The hump rooms are suppose to be a nice location however.

Not really a better location but a better view.  That location on deck 6 would be pretty quiet. I would avoid 38,40,42 as the doors to those cabins open directly into the port to starboard hallway. We cruise a lot in Oct/Nov and always have a deck 10 - 12 forward hump balcony.  happy cruising

On 2/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, cb at sea said:

Being close to the elevator/stairway FOYER is a huge timesaver.  There's no additional noise because of it.

Hey cb...I haven't been here in a while we are once a year cruisers so my board activity coincides with that timeframe. I definitely remember you and all of your great info...but BOB seems to be absent? Do you know where he is?

39 minutes ago, Spacecaydet said:

Hey cb...I haven't been here in a while we are once a year cruisers so my board activity coincides with that timeframe. I definitely remember you and all of your great info...but BOB seems to be absent? Do you know where he is?

I am speechless.

5 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Why are you speechless?

Also, I was wondering why Clarea" was no longer a host 

Oh, not that part.  The other part.

Bob, like me, now prefers to spend more time with the grandchildren, and not babysitting the children on this website.  😉  

(my words, not his  😄 )

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bob, like me, now prefers to spend more time with the grandchildren, and not babysitting the children on this website.  😉  

(my words, not his  😄 )

I didn't realize Clarea wasn't the host any more. When did this happen? Who is host now?

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

(my words, not his  😄 )

Totally understand....I guess I was never able to understand how anyone could post over 150,000 times!! Hopefully he'll enjoy his grandchildren and his future cruises:)