Cruise Critic Community
Stoudty

Booking MTD in cruise planner

How far in advance can you book MTD in the cruise planner?  I am getting an error message saying I am either too far or too close to the sail date and to try onboard. We sail in November. 

I am booked on Allure for December and already made my MTD reservations.

Sometimes there is a glitch in the site. Keep trying.

I'm booked on Harmony in October and I've been able to book since I made the cruise reservation in November last year.

I was able to book mine right away too.   It was 11 months before sail date.  

8 minutes ago, Stoudty said:

Thank you all. I’ll keep trying 

I assume that you are definitely signed up for MTD.  Not waitlisted.

I booked last week for our NYE cruise. Not sure if it was available before then (cruise was booked in June), I just switched from traditional to MTD. 

18 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I assume that you are definitely signed up for MTD.  Not waitlisted.

Spoke with TA yesterday who switched our entire group to MTD. Did not say anything about being waitlisted. I will follow up with her. Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, Stoudty said:

Spoke with TA yesterday who switched our entire group to MTD. Did not say anything about being waitlisted. I will follow up with her. Thanks! 

You should have a RC confirmation invoice and your dining and pre-paid gratuities if paid will show on your invoice.

As long as you're not trying to make dinner reservations for multiple cabins together, you should be able to do it with little effort.  Trying to make a reservation in MTD when you have a small group of people spread over multiple cabins is literally impossible, even if your reservations are linked on their site, cabins have been assigned, final payments are made and the interested parties are all checked in.  It's baffling.

4 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

As long as you're not trying to make dinner reservations for multiple cabins together, you should be able to do it with little effort.  Trying to make a reservation in MTD when you have a small group of people spread over multiple cabins is literally impossible, even if your reservations are linked on their site, cabins have been assigned, final payments are made and the interested parties are all checked in.  It's baffling.

This might be the same thing happening to us. Have a large group and all reservations are linked. How did you end up resolving this?

9 hours ago, Stoudty said:

This might be the same thing happening to us. Have a large group and all reservations are linked. How did you end up resolving this?

I haven't. I e-mailed RCL Dining and they basically told me that if 10 people want to sit together every night, we need to switch to traditional dining. I don't really want to do that, so we may just show up each night, ask for a table for 10 and hope for the best. I don't know if everyone will make it every night, so I don't want to reserve a table for 10 and have 4-6 people show up each night. 

5 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

I haven't. I e-mailed RCL Dining and they basically told me that if 10 people want to sit together every night, we need to switch to traditional dining. I don't really want to do that, so we may just show up each night, ask for a table for 10 and hope for the best. I don't know if everyone will make it every night, so I don't want to reserve a table for 10 and have 4-6 people show up each night. 

That’s crazy that they don’t have a solution for this. I’m going to shoot them an email too, but won’t be getting my hopes up. 

In the past, MTD wasn't available for booking on larger ships until around 90 days out but our April Harmony were all booked last April - over a year out.  Smaller ships were more than six months out.  Now everything for us has been a year out.  They do load these in batches but would think that you should be able to book November now. 

Try changing your browser - have had problems with Chrome in the past and had to switch to Internet Explorer to get the Cruise Planner to work right.  Also had a situation where I could book me but not DW in same cabin.  She was signed up for fixed dining and I had MyTime.  That took a call to our TA to fix.

I realize this isnt helpful, but I can not access mine either we sail in January of 2021. To make this even better our cruise isn't even listed online.... I am getting slightly nervous( really just slightly). 

I was able to book my MTD, for my May 2020 cruise, but it looks like for only the first night.  Does this make sense?  If I booked a time for the first night, will I be booked at that time for all nights?

On 2/5/2020 at 8:25 PM, Stoudty said:

Our reservation was paid in full, but my parent's reservation still had an outstanding balance. I was unable to add them to my reservation, but when my dad logged in, he could add a reservation with us added to his. So I'm guessing that unless at least one party is paid in full, you can't link the reservations. 

19 hours ago, essgee_ca said:

I was able to book my MTD, for my May 2020 cruise, but it looks like for only the first night.  Does this make sense?  If I booked a time for the first night, will I be booked at that time for all nights?

Go through the reservation process completely for the first night and then go back in and start a brand new reservation. You have to complete the process for each night separately! SOOO annoying!