Electric motor for an air mattress

Petroplex

Howdy. We are sailing on the Enchantment this Summer in an Owner's Suite. That means we have plenty of space, but my 12 and 14 year olds don't feel like sharing the pull out couch. Two questions, then:

• If we bring an air mattress, will the security people object to bringing the motor with which we inflate it? I know they object to things like blow dryers, power strips, etc.
  • If we don't bring an air mattress, will they be able to provide a rollaway bed?

Thanks very much!

If you find they won't be able to use a motor to blow up an air mattress, you might consider getting one that hand pumps up.  I had one for camping that worked well.  You just use your hand to move up and down and it sucks air into the mattress.  Not quite as fast/easy as a motor, but it worked.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I always carry a Klymit air mattress and recently had an epiphany that I can use my CPAP machine to air it up. Works great.  

Do you carry one because the mattresses can sometimes be crap or for other people? On 2 cruises the mattresses were so bad I had the worst back ache for hours. I'm thinking of getting something like this for that reason.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you carry one because the mattresses can sometimes be crap or for other people? On 2 cruises the mattresses were so bad I had the worst back ache for hours. I'm thinking of getting something like this for that reason.

I carry it for myself.  The beds are torture for me.