'Reservations not available for Cagneys and La Cucina'

SouthLyonCruiser

We are going to Alaska on the Bliss this coming summer and when I go to my reservations it shows that it is 'too early to book' for those restaurants that accept reservations. But, it seems puzzling to me that two of the restaurants; Cagneys and La Cucina, have to header 'reservations not available'. Does this mean that when reservations open up at about 120 day out that those two will not be accepting reservations??

43 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

We are going to Alaska on the Bliss this coming summer and when I go to my reservations it shows that it is 'too early to book' for those restaurants that accept reservations. But, it seems puzzling to me that two of the restaurants; Cagneys and La Cucina, have to header 'reservations not available'. Does this mean that when reservations open up at about 120 day out that those two will not be accepting reservations??

I would ignore what is shown more than 120 days out, as the messages are unreliable.  They will update to correctly allow reservations once you are within the booking window.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Does this mean that when reservations open up at about 120 day out that those two will not be accepting reservations??

No, it does not mean that at all.

56 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

It should read "Not available at this time."   At 120 days, you should be able to book!

Reservations don't come until the final payment date.  Once that date passes, the majority of them are available.  We are on the Bliss in April and that is what happened.  Even if you don't get a reservation, head right to the first screen or to the area they will do the reservations once you get on the boat.  From what I have been told, less than 1/2 the reservations are available on line.  

We did, just to be sure we could get the time needed to still catch the shows.  But I know what you mean about not knowing what you will want to eat.  I am guessing that it can be cancelled in the event you want to do something different.

1 minute ago, dmdiver said:

We did, just to be sure we could get the time needed to still catch the shows.  But I know what you mean about not knowing what you will want to eat.  I am guessing that it can be cancelled in the event you want to do something different.

Aside from the first night (they are more flexible then), be sure to cancel any Specialty Restaurant reservations 24 hours in advance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottnBobbi said:

Reservations don't come until the final payment date.  Once that date passes, the majority of them are available.  We are on the Bliss in April and that is what happened.  Even if you don't get a reservation, head right to the first screen or to the area they will do the reservations once you get on the boat.  From what I have been told, less than 1/2 the reservations are available on line.  

I was told that only about 1/3 of the reservations were available on line prior to the cruise.

5 hours ago, yoolykeme said:

Do people really book dinner 4 months out?  

I dont know what I want to eat on whatever night until I get on the ship and figure out what the special at the buffet is. 

Yes, people do reserve 4 months out in order to make sure they are able to use their dining perk. If you book too late, you might not be able to get to use it or have the time you want to have dinner.

7 hours ago, yoolykeme said:

I dont know what I want to eat on whatever night until I get on the ship and figure out what the special at the buffet is. 

You do not need to book 4 months out. But you will end up eating at 9:30 pm as the reservations fill up and eventually sell out in advance and then again onboard. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You do not need to book 4 months out. But you will end up eating at 9:30 pm as the reservations fill up and eventually sell out in advance and then again onboard. 

So, I've been on 25 cruises, all NCL.  Have had UDP probably on 30% of them, and then the free Platinum tickets.

I think that I've only not used 3, at most, across all those cruises.  Then again, I guess I have taken what they've given me.  Also, on bigger ships, sometimes Le Bistro has patio seating that is first-come, and I've used that a lot.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Exactly, you don't need to but why wouldn't you? It takes all of a minute and it's one less thing to worry about. 

I like to dine early, so I usually grab the early slots on all the sea days of my itinerary for the specialty restaurants my dining package and loyalty status entitles me to.   Once on board, I will make some changes, if needed.   It is always better to at least secure them, and be assured you have them.  You may not be able to change them to another early slot, but a late slot is usually available until the last days...

23 hours ago, yoolykeme said:

I am an obsessive planner so yes I book mine as soon as they give me the chance.  Plus we like to have an early dinner and then enjoy our evening.  By the way my DH thinks I am crazy with my planning and he might just be right.

We didn’t pre book any restaurants for the Epic and we really regretted that. We ended up using 3 of our 5 dining packages at Wasabi. We couldn’t get in anywhere! We checked every restaurant, every night and only Le Bistro had a last minute opening the last night of the cruise.