Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve been on Atlantis and RSVP about a dozen times with my husband and now I am wondering about trying Pied Piper particularly the post Thanksgiving cruise. I don’t know anyone who has done it so if you could give me any information I would appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone on a few Pied Piper groups.  My first was with a group of about 100 people in the Caribbean on the Celebrity Silhouette.  We had a nice time with the group.  They had special events and happy hours throughout the week.  I'd say the average age was prob 65+.  My husband and I were 40 so for once, felt like young ones.   The most recent one had a group of 23  and only about 12 people showed up to dinner and the events.  That was on Celebrity Edge in the Mediterranean which I"m sure contributed to the smaller group.  I've never done the Post Thanksgiving cruise, but I know it's their largest group by far and sometimes they fill 1/2 the ship which will definitely give you the feeling you're on a gay cruise......but without the "circuit parties" and dances that Atlantis does.   They don't charter the ship, so it's never a completely all gay cruise and the group does skew a bit older.  We were considering doing this years post Thanksgiving, but we have no desire to go on the massive Allure of the Seas with most likely a bunch of kids on board.  (they almost always use Celebrity which we prefer)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, patrick401ca said:

I’ve been on Atlantis and RSVP about a dozen times with my husband and now I am wondering about trying Pied Piper particularly the post Thanksgiving cruise. I don’t know anyone who has done it so if you could give me any information I would appreciate it.

Hi Jake,  I was on a Pied Piper Post-Thanksgiving cruise all the way back in 2011.  It was actually great.  There were 700 of us in the group so we had plenty of private events and Leslie Jordan was our headline entertainer.  I'm unsure if they still draw that kind of crowd considering how many gay group sailings now exist.  In Feb 2020 I was part of the Bearracuda Heretic/QueensOverboard group.  We had even better private events including 2 private nighttime pool parties and BenDeLaCreme headlined but there were only 200 of us.  I'd be interested to know how many Pied Piper now draws for their P-T group but I'd definitely sail with them again.  Vacaya is drawing quite the commotion right now with their all gay charter that has Celebrity offering the drink package as an option (a first in chartered cruises) next February.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look to John Heath cruises.  He also has a group on Celebrity Post Thanksgiving.  This year on Apex Nov 28.  

I call this group the "Pissed off Pipers" as it's full of people who've had, I'll be nice here, "customer service issues" with them over the years.  Last year it was about 350 guys and growing.

I sailed several with PP in the past probably 5 or 6 times before moving to Heath.  I'd suggest for a point of reference, Atlantis has 5 star customer service, to use as a comparison to that of PP.  You can also check the Better Business Bureau site for more information.

I also highly recommend Vacaya.  I did P-town last year and their service was literally 5-star.  I'm booked again in Feb 2021.

Edited by cle-guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, cle-guy said:

Look to John Heath cruises.  He also has a group on Celebrity Post Thanksgiving.  This year on Apex Nov 28.  

I call this group the "Pissed off Pipers" as it's full of people who've had, I'll be nice here, "customer service issues" with them over the years.  Last year it was about 350 guys and growing.

I sailed several with PP in the past probably 5 or 6 times before moving to Heath.  I'd suggest for a point of reference, Atlantis has 5 star customer service, to use as a comparison to that of PP.  You can also check the Better Business Bureau site for more information.

I also highly recommend Vacaya.  I did P-town last year and their service was literally 5-star.  I'm booked again in Feb 2021.

What kinds of private activities does the Heath group plan? I had some acquaintances on his post-Thanksgiving cruise last year and no one really raved when they got back and the group looked rather small.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, Cruisegoer said:

What kinds of private activities does the Heath group plan? I had some acquaintances on his post-Thanksgiving cruise last year and no one really raved when they got back and the group looked rather small.

They did a departure party in sky lounge,  Private event, it pretty much filled the place so much people were going elsewhere to get drinks.  They held a pre-arty day before at one of the gay resorts in FLL, most people attended to get their gift packets pre-cruise.

Each night they had some sort of event, a singer, comedian, just a gathering.  They also organized a catamaran trip and a day party in Key west at one of the clothing optional bars.

Nothing like an Atlantis or all gay cruise though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...