Princess transfers in Barcelona and Athens Price

Jeter02

I'd also like to know about the Barcelona transfers.  In addition, I'd like to know from someone who arrived in Barcelona fairly early (before 11am let's say) if they made you wait at the airport.  This happened to us one time in LA (they took us to the hotel where they had other guests and kept us there for hours and hours).  Don't want to ever be in that situation again.

THIS YEAR

Athens  $34. ....Rome $89

Barcelona  was there end of 2018 but don't remember how much.  Think in the $20+ range, not sure.

Call Princess or your TA and they can tell you the price for this year.

A little wait in the airport because of not having enough shuttles.

• Like 1

I have been in and out of both Barcelona and Athens... several times... I always use a taxi -- not that far, not that expensive... more convenient with luggage, door to door service.    You can google taxi rates for either city to get going rates and compare to what Princess charges.  

Only did one Princess transfer, in Rome, once... have gone in and out of Rome many times... far more expensive, you Romecabs.com and book in advance.  Even with extra costs, with luggage well worth it..again door to door service. 

You get what you pay for...just my opinion. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

We had a mid morning arrival in Barcelona last October (I think about 10am) and were taken directly to the ship.  Just a short wait until there were enough arrivals to fill the bus.

Thanks!  That's what I wanted to hear!!

21 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

We had a mid morning arrival in Barcelona last October (I think about 10am) and were taken directly to the ship.  Just a short wait until there were enough arrivals to fill the bus.

thanks. This is great to know as my flight should be arriving between 9:30-10 a.m. 

On 2/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, JerrySueW said:

The Barcelona transfer is $29.

That is a good price!

I will be taking a taxi though, since Azamara is charging $117 Canadian for this one way transfer.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, JerrySueW said:

The Barcelona transfer is $29.

definitely liking the price on that. Cuz one of the other sailings I was looking at was between Southampton and Rome and vice versa and because it's like a two and a half hour track each way it adds up with the transfers. So I went for a later date sailing option with the Barcelona and Athens because it's a the shorter transfer after a long day of travel makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

The Princess transfer is per person. The taxi can be for several people, so the number of passengers makes a difference in comparing the two.

In Barcelona there is an extra fixed charge for pickups at the airport and dropoffs at the cruise terminal. This is in addition to the metered fare.

Just now, caribill said:

The Princess transfer is per person. The taxi can be for several people, so the number of passengers makes a difference in comparing the two.

In Barcelona there is an extra fixed charge for pickups at the airport and dropoffs at the cruise terminal. This is in addition to the metered fare.

I'm one person traveling solo, which is why I'll most likely opt for the bus transfer by princess