Anthem- testing 12 Chinese nationals who are onboard

50 minutes ago, CanonGraceCruiser said:

Does anyone have any information about disembarkation from the Anthem if you are not Chinese? Are they letting all people off?

Yes, my mom is on this cruise now. They started Disembarkation at 8:30am and the 12 Chinese people are being flown home. They are making this into more of a big deal than it is. The ship is fine. The next cruise is a tad delayed for cleaning.  We will be on the ship in March and we are not worried. If they really thought it was a problem they wouldn't let people off and they wouldn't do the next cruise. People are making this more of a big deal than it is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spdwain said:

Oceania has contacted passengers on upcoming cruises.  If they have visited China in past 30 days they do not want them on their ships and will give them a full refund.  I am not sure how they determine that unless they see a passport, but it sounds like one step in the right direction.

Yes, sounds good to me.

Cruise ships are such a hotbed of bugs. But is just stopping passengers from China enough?  I say this because the latest case in the UK is a business man who contracted Corona when staying in a Singapore Hotel.

Not specifically advice for cruise ship passengers or the US but the UK Gov is now saying that anyone travelling to the UK from the following countries are now advised to self isolate for 14 days and avoid contact with other people.

Thailand

Japan

Republic of Korea

Hong Kong

Taiwan

Singapore

Malaysia

Macau

•  

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is the issue with CC, news and social media - you deduced wrong - the ship was on a southern Caribbean itinerary that went no where near Bahamas.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is the issue with CC, news and social media - you deduced wrong - the ship was on a southern Caribbean itinerary that went no where near Bahamas.

Ok. Thank you for correction. Anyhoo, same concern applies re any ports visited. 

7 minutes ago, cruisenlove said:

Yes, my mom is on this cruise now. They started Disembarkation at 8:30am and the 12 Chinese people are being flown home. They are making this into more of a big deal than it is. The ship is fine. The next cruise is a tad delayed for cleaning.  We will be on the ship in March and we are not worried. If they really thought it was a problem they wouldn't let people off and they wouldn't do the next cruise. People are making this more of a big deal than it is.

Respectfully disagree. I would never downplay what is happening right now and we should be concerned and make decisions accordingly. I will never blindly follow the 'if they really thought it was a problem, they wouldn't let people off' theory. Any traveler should make decisions that are best for them and not let anyone shame them for that decision.

Edited by jpurdy
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

why are cruise lines boarding people from mainland China?????

At the time the cruise left, a lot of the current restrictions weren't yet in place. The travel warnings weren't as strict, the warnings from WHO weren't as cautionary, etc.   The same people would be denied boarding today but this is a rapidly changing situation.  For example there people that left the US for Singapore transiting through Hong Kong this past weekend were okay to sail when they left and by the time they landed they weren't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpurdy said:

Respectfully disagree. I would never downplay what is happening right now and we all should be concerned and make decisions accordingly. I will never blindly follow the 'if they really thought it was a problem, they wouldn't let people off' theory. Follow your gut and make decisions that are best for you and don't let anyone shame you for that decision.

Your opinion. My mom said everything was fine on the ship and the captain came on an assured people they were cleaning the ship when they came off for the next cruise. I have my opinion and you have yours.

9 minutes ago, amwick said:

Thanks... hope you are home soon...

On my way now. Was off the ship by 9am and my friend picked us up by 9:30. 

And to clarify the itinerary, it was a 11-day to San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts & Antigua. No stops to Coco Cay, Coco Key or anywhere in the Bahamas. 

5 minutes ago, cruisenlove said:

Respectfully disagree. I would never downplay what is happening right now and we all should be concerned and make decisions accordingly. I will never blindly follow the 'if they really thought it was a problem, they wouldn't let people off' theory. Follow your gut and make decisions that are best for you and don't let anyone shame you for that decision.

This is what bothers me about releasing the passengers into the nations transportation system after possibly being exposed to coronavirus:

1) disease can be transmitted by people with zero symptoms

2) disease can be transmitted to another person within 15 seconds of being near someone with the illness https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/coronavirus-update-health-officials-investigate-after-man-contracts-virus-in-15-seconds-from-stranger-c-685944

3) Diamond princess had one person with symptoms... which turned out.. days later to be coronavirus... BUT passengers had to remain quarantined on the ship.... now there are 61 cases on the ship. At least this is contained... now imagine the 3700+ passengers had left and gotten on airplanes.... keeping in mind 1 and 2.

I would really like to know why the passengers were allowed to leave the ship ... perhaps they already have an inkling that this is not coronavirus... but man I would like to know that...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

And to clarify the itinerary, it was a 11-day to San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts & Antigua. No stops to Coco Cay, Coco Key or anywhere in the Bahamas. 

Thank you for clarification. Hope you had a lovely vacation and that you are home safe and sound. 

8 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Yes, sounds good to me.

Cruise ships are such a hotbed of bugs. But is just stopping passengers from China enough?  I say this because the latest case in the UK is a business man who contracted Corona when staying in a Singapore Hotel.

What about planes, possibly the worst form of travel  for spreading diseases, from the common cold to Noro to everything else.

What about trains, buses? 

One kid gets head lice, the stomach flu or a cold and the entire school or day care center closes down.

BUT SHIPS ARE HOTBEDS??  

•  

11 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Yes, sounds good to me.

What about planes, possibly the worst form of travel  for spreading diseases, from the common cold to Noro to everything else.

How about a crowded movie theater?

One kid gets head lice, the stomach flu or a cold and the entire school or day care center closes down.

BUT SHIPS ARE HOTBEDS????

•  

Yes, sounds good to me.

BUT SHIPS ARE HOTBEDS??  

•  

11 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Glad you are on your way home safe. According to my mom, it was a great cruise with no rough seas! 

3 minutes ago, cruisenlove said:

We are going on this ship in 3 weeks and can't wait. I am not that worried! Looking forward to a great vacation! We Love RC!!!

Hope you have a perfect cruise!  We are excited about our cruise on Oasis in two weeks and staying optimistic. Hopefully we will be informed and updated regularly. 

3 minutes ago, pearlymoo said:

Hope you have a perfect cruise!  We are excited about our cruise on Oasis in two weeks and staying optimistic. Hopefully we will be informed and updated regularly. 

RC is really good with that stuff that's why we choose them! Have fun on Oasis! We are going on Oasis May 10th from NJ! I love that ship! It's simply amazing!! 🙂

Edited by cruisenlove