Is it me or does the Anthem of the seas pool deck seem smaller than Independence of the seas?

43 minutes ago, Static events said:

Is it me or does the Anthem of the seas pool deck seem smaller than Independence of the seas?

Anthem has 3 areas, regular outdoor,  indoor family, adults only solarium.  It is possible that outdoor area is smaller but still plenty of space. 

well Anthem is an ALL WEATHER SHIP.  I bet you will like the indoor pool with lots of seats and then the solarium with the cascading pool with seats and view of front of ship.

To me the actual outdoor pool area is the least exciting.

Now Odyssey for those of you who are thinking of that ship, there is not cover over the 2nd pool.  Now Odyssey will have two outdoor pools for FLA.

23 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well Anthem is an ALL WEATHER SHIP.  I bet you will like the indoor pool with lots of seats and then the solarium with the cascading pool with seats and view of front of ship.

To me the actual outdoor pool area is the least exciting.

Now Odyssey for those of you who are thinking of that ship, there is not cover over the 2nd pool.  Now Odyssey will have two outdoor pools for FLA.

agree with the all weather comment. Not sure a great ship in hot climate due to the lack of open deck space. 

Full disclosure, the Oasis class is my favorite.    However, Anthem being so close to us puts her up there also.  Anthem’s pool deck has the kids zone, the outdoor pool, indoor pool and then the beautiful Adults Only Solarium.  There is plenty of space for all,  dry rarely feel crowded even when it is,   You will love it.  The other ships can’t come close to this pool area, in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It isn't as wide, Freedom class ships are wider than Quantum class ships.  Indy is 185 feet wide versus 136 feet wide for Anthem.

I believe Freedom is 126 feet wide and Quantum is 136. The 185 feet is at the extreme width. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, Static events said:

it is defo less outdoor space 

Indeed.  When we sailed Anthem in July a few years ago it was practically impossible to get a lounger by the outdoor pool on sea days.  To make matters worse they never opened the retractable roof on the indoor family pool despite 9 days of beautiful weather.  Still we loved the ship and would sail again in a heartbeat.

21 hours ago, Static events said:

agree with the all weather comment. Not sure a great ship in hot climate due to the lack of open deck space. 

oh there is lots of space back by Seaplex and near the Mascot as well as near Wave rider.  Trust me folks do go inside to escape the humidity and wind.  It can be warm but if very windy, the inside pool is great.  And these days we have to be careful of the sunshine and cancer so do not be discouraged on any Quantum ship because of public indoor space.

First rainy day and you will be glad.