Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Static events

Is it me or does the Anthem of the seas pool deck seem smaller than Independence of the seas?

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Static events said:

Is it me or does the Anthem of the seas pool deck seem smaller than Independence of the seas?

Anthem has 3 areas, regular outdoor,  indoor family, adults only solarium.  It is possible that outdoor area is smaller but still plenty of space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Anthem has 3 areas, regular outdoor,  indoor family, adults only solarium.  It is possible that outdoor area is smaller but still plenty of space. 


it is defo less outdoor space 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe down to different ship class?? 

 

Anthem is Quantum class, Indy is Freedom class.

 

Rob.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well Anthem is an ALL WEATHER SHIP.  I bet you will like the indoor pool with lots of seats and then the solarium with the cascading pool with seats and view of front of ship.

To me the actual outdoor pool area is the least exciting.

 

Now Odyssey for those of you who are thinking of that ship, there is not cover over the 2nd pool.  Now Odyssey will have two outdoor pools for FLA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 12:56 AM, gingernm said:

Maybe down to different ship class?? 

 

Anthem is Quantum class, Indy is Freedom class.

 

Rob.

 

 


thanks for stating the obvious 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well Anthem is an ALL WEATHER SHIP.  I bet you will like the indoor pool with lots of seats and then the solarium with the cascading pool with seats and view of front of ship.

To me the actual outdoor pool area is the least exciting.

 

Now Odyssey for those of you who are thinking of that ship, there is not cover over the 2nd pool.  Now Odyssey will have two outdoor pools for FLA.


agree with the all weather comment. Not sure a great ship in hot climate due to the lack of open deck space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Static events said:


thanks for stating the obvious 👌

What did you expect...  Holy cow, you’re the first to notice????

 

Different ship design, therefor different spaces!  Simples!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gingernm said:

What did you expect...  Holy cow, you’re the first to notice????

 

Different ship design, therefor different spaces!  Simples!


it doesn’t feel as wide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Static events said:


it doesn’t feel as wide 

 

It isn't as wide, Freedom class ships are wider than Quantum class ships.  Indy is 185 feet wide versus 136 feet wide for Anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Anthem has the nicest pool setup of any ship we have been on.

@DaniDanielle could you describe a little bit more about how it was the "nicest"? It will be our first time on Anthem (our first Royal Caribbean ship) in April. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full disclosure, the Oasis class is my favorite.    However, Anthem being so close to us puts her up there also.  Anthem’s pool deck has the kids zone, the outdoor pool, indoor pool and then the beautiful Adults Only Solarium.  There is plenty of space for all,  dry rarely feel crowded even when it is,   You will love it.  The other ships can’t come close to this pool area, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

It isn't as wide, Freedom class ships are wider than Quantum class ships.  Indy is 185 feet wide versus 136 feet wide for Anthem.

I believe Freedom is 126 feet wide and Quantum is 136. The 185 feet is at the extreme width. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, Static events said:


it is defo less outdoor space 

 

Indeed.  When we sailed Anthem in July a few years ago it was practically impossible to get a lounger by the outdoor pool on sea days.  To make matters worse they never opened the retractable roof on the indoor family pool despite 9 days of beautiful weather.  Still we loved the ship and would sail again in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

There is an outdoor pool.  Some like the indoor pool closed.

 

Don't like the indoor pool closed when it's 90 degrees outside and 110 under the glass!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robo1098 said:

I believe Freedom is 126 feet wide and Quantum is 136. The 185 feet is at the extreme width. 

 

On the upper deck Freedom Class is much wider than Quantum class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Static events said:


agree with the all weather comment. Not sure a great ship in hot climate due to the lack of open deck space. 

 

oh there is lots of space back by Seaplex and near the Mascot as well as near Wave rider.  Trust me folks do go inside to escape the humidity and wind.  It can be warm but if very windy, the inside pool is great.  And these days we have to be careful of the sunshine and cancer so do not be discouraged on any Quantum ship because of public indoor space.

First rainy day and you will be glad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...