Cruise Critic Community
carlp

SKY -Inside cabins

while looking at the deck plans, I see inside cabins on some of the upper decks (10-11-12-14)

are vertical and some horizontal  -which would be preferred and why (larger-location?)

I think the sideways interior area good cabin, only issue is when the door is open the bed is in full view. 

14 minutes ago, antsp said:

I think the sideways interior area good cabin, only issue is when the door is open the bed is in full view. 

We haven't sailed Sky but have sailed in a sideways inside cabin. If I were to book an inside again I would definitely try to get a sideways cabin.

I think the layout is great with a bigger desk area and more closet space.  I travel alone though, so the door opening into the cabin isn't an issue for me.  

We just got off the sky and stayed in room B322. It was a sideways inside and we loved it. 

4 minutes ago, mrpayroll said:

We just got off the sky and stayed in room B322. It was a sideways inside and we loved it. 

agreed - we have stayed in a sideways cabin and wouldn't hesitate to book another 

We have an inside sideways cabin booked on the Sky next week. We have travelled on the Regal before in the same type of room. We like them.

We stayed in a sideways inside cabin in December. We are booked in another sideways cabin in July. Looking forward to it. 

We try to book the side ways ones when possible, they are slightly bigger, but I like the layout.  We were on 2 weeks at Christmas, one week in a side ways cabin and one in a deep cabin.  Preferred the side ways for sure.  The only downside to me is that the bed is right beside the door/wall to the hallway, so if you open it, anyone standing there can see right onto your bed, but not really a big deal.