Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

On 2/24/2020 at 11:15 AM, jk04 said:

@niksmom630  On the Club beach cabanas, did you notice if the numbering staggered front to back or 23-26 front row and 27-30 along the back?  I know you don't get to pick so doesn't really matter, just curious.  Thank you!

Sequential order, staggered front, back .....

Edited by niksmom630
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Martha/Dave, Yvonne/Dave- Joanne from T/A 2018 Jewel of the Sea.

We were scheduled to leave on T/A - today actually but of course tourism has been turned upside down.  I hope this message finds you and Tom holding up with this COVID19.  Jeff & Brenda and Margaret & Ian are scheduled for T/A - Nov 1/20 out of Barcelona. The Allure is supposed to be in dry dock get repairs and cabin upgrades but currently nothing happening on the ship.  I managed to recover and cancel all my hotels or venue bookings but still waiting for final refund to my credit card.  All the lines offering FCC at 125% plus varying OBC ranging for $125 to $250 based on number of cruise days.  I opted for refund credit - who knows when tourism and hospitality industry will be up and running again.

Here's my post from our cancelled T/A.

• I have CYBER flown to Fort Lauderdale - at 7:45 am today in anticipation of boarding my T/A to Amsterdam - ship boarding is Apr 22/20.  Of course I've cyber packed way to much as always.  Paid through the nose for N95 masks - for hubby and me.  Flew a huge Oxygen hyper filter to cleanse our cabin air. and have a case of DUCT tape to seal the windows and doors.  Have 2 personal Hazmat suits that I had converted to have oxygen feed when we leave the cabin. We tried eating soup in Hazmat suits - it's a messy affair.  Sleeping in Hazmat suit is awkward when you need to roll over and going to the Loo - well you don't want me to go there.   image.jpeg.54bbf03c44011d1940223cab28163875.jpeg 🚢 Ship Emoji

Stay safe and practice Social Distancing.   Joanne (aka - friedaliene)

•  

On 11/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, MiniChunks said:

friedalene.jpg

• On 11/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, hannahsnana said:

Hello Joanne!

So good to hear from you! I think often of that TA and all the great people we met! Unfortunately we have not had the chance to cruise with any of them again! ...

Martha

13 hours ago, friedaliene said:

Hi Martha/Dave, Yvonne/Dave- Joanne from T/A 2018 Jewel of the Sea.

We were scheduled to leave on T/A - today actually but of course tourism has been turned upside down.  I hope this message finds you and Tom holding up with this COVID19.  Jeff & Brenda and Margaret & Ian are scheduled for T/A - Nov 1/20 out of Barcelona. The Allure is supposed to be in dry dock get repairs and cabin upgrades but currently nothing happening on the ship.  I managed to recover and cancel all my hotels or venue bookings but still waiting for final refund to my credit card.  All the lines offering FCC at 125% plus varying OBC ranging for $125 to $250 based on number of cruise days.  I opted for refund credit - who knows when tourism and hospitality industry will be up and running again.

Hi Joanne! I'm sorry to hear that your trip was cancelled. We actually got really lucky this year. We had an 11 night southern caribbean cruise on Serenade March 2 that still sailed. All ports of call were made(Panama, Costa Rica, Columbia, Aruba and Curacao) on time, and got back into port when we were scheduled on March 13th. Even more importantly, nobody on our ship got sick, and we still seem to be healthy. I managed to continue on with Margaret's LCR games in the vortex on our sailing. We ended up with 33 people showing up on the last day we played. The couch circle we used on the Jewel was too small to fit our crowd so we improvised. I hope you and Dan are well, and perhaps we'll see you out on the seas sometime in the future. 

Dave

Dave & Yvonne - Glad to hear you & Yvonne doing well and I assume so are your girls.  I guess things this summer at Montauk might be iffy?  I've not seen the COVID19 numbers for Connecticut but NY state has been hit so hard.  I don't know which side of fence your on politically but Governor Andrew Cuomo certainly comes across above the normal politician.  Some of the WH press meetings are all over the map inconsistent messaging and ill informed medical advice from non-medically trained persons.  I hope Yvonne's aunt and  uncle are healthy as well.  The aunt was a retired military nurse (if my memory isn't in a fog).  

Our one daughter is in suburb of Chicago her company has had her on work from home since beginning of April.  Our other girl, returned back to school and has graduated as a nurse.  This make me (mom) nervous, she was doing home nursing for independent living seniors.  She starts a new position in the ER of one our hospitals, right on the front line.  Things here in Canada aren't great but nothing like the USA numbers.  Our largest impact seems to be in long-term care facilities, Quebec has had great difficulty in senior homes.  Many are still 70's style, 4 bed wards with only curtains.  Margaret / Ian, and Jeff / Brenda are booked on the Allure - TA for Nov 1/20.  Allure is supposed to be in dry dock getting repairs and refurbished.  I have been following their Roll Call - I guess Europe isn't opening up anytime soon so the cruise could get cancelled.  A lot are concerned about travelling without a vaccine available and ships being a huge petri dish.  The Allure isn't in dry dock as Spain still has things shut down.  

Stay safe, healthy and practice self distancing.  This is scary times, tourism and hospitality are gonna take a while for their comeback.  Joanne (aka-friedaliene)

We were on Harmony mid January and loved it!  My, how things have changed since we got home.  We like the huge megaships and we never feel really crowded (we're not sun worshipers so we don't have to worry about being chair hogs).  There were plenty of loungers for everyone.  Can't think of one thing on Harmony we didn't like, other than 7 days go by way too fast.

It will be interesting to see what changes have been made when we sail on Anthem next year. 

• 3 weeks later...