Cruise Critic Community

Been planning my trip got all the kinks worked out as far as air and getting to port and etc. But im concerned to push the button because of all this coronavirus! Should I be? Would you? looking at the April ta on the regal.

As long as it does not go to Asia I would not worry.  We have 5 cruises booked for the next 14 months and plan on going on all

We are proceeding with our TA, but it is a tough call. There are still many Chinese traveling around the world who could spread it further afield. At the same time, I feel like I have an equal to greater chance of getting it at home because of the high population of tourists here each summer. Good luck making your decision!

We've done 10 TAs (5 eastbound, 5 westbound) and I don't remember seeing many Asians on any of those.  Of course, there are many US citizens who are of Asian ancestry so one wouldn't know where such pax are from and we shouldn't jump to conclusions on where such fellow pax are from.  Pax have to present their passports when boarding so the cruise line will know and follow whatever their policy is these days regarding these pax.

Edited by BarbinMich

It matters not the nationality of the passenger - rather whether the passenger has been in the region or in contact with an infected pereson.  Regardless of nationality

16 minutes ago, tanyaewa said:

It matters not the nationality of the passenger - rather whether the passenger has been in the region or in contact with an infected pereson.  Regardless of nationality

Thanks for that distinction.

I am on that sailing and booked it awhile ago. I have to say with the news this past 2 weeks, I am concerned.

I did book Princess's insurance with cancel for any reason (and another insurance for medical). That is giving me some peace of mind. I hope things calm down in the next 2 months.

The personnel exclusions are such that one would hope that no one with ant sign of Coronavirus could get on board especially for a TA.

I personally would be more worried about the Flu and Noro.   Just make sure you wash....wash...wash.... and try not to touch things like elevator buttons (I use my knuckle) and hand railings.

I am also doing a TA in April. I booked it a long time ago and am not cancelling it.