Jump to content

Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)


Recommended Posts

This doesn't apply to all cruises. 

 

Frequently asked questions.

How do I make changes to my booking?
Are there any exclusions to the offer?

This offer is NOT available to guests booked on the following voyages Q009N, Q010N, Q011N, Q012N, Q013B, Q015N, Q015C, Q016N.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dahani said:

This doesn't apply to all cruises. 

 

Frequently asked questions.

How do I make changes to my booking?
Are there any exclusions to the offer?

This offer is NOT available to guests booked on the following voyages Q009N, Q010N, Q011N, Q012N, Q013B, Q015N, Q015C, Q016N.

 

So if you're on any of those voyages, it's bad luck? That seems very harsh - we're all in the same situation of being loath to submit ourselves to the danger which coronavirus poses to some of us. I think that's very unfair. I haven't commented before now on this matter and I'm a big supporter of Cunard but I think to exclude these particular cruises is the wrong thing to do. Totally unfair.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dahani said:

This doesn't apply to all cruises. 

 

Frequently asked questions.

How do I make changes to my booking?
Are there any exclusions to the offer?

This offer is NOT available to guests booked on the following voyages Q009N, Q010N, Q011N, Q012N, Q013B, Q015N, Q015C, Q016N.

Yes I'm on one of those - they were the new itineraries when QE remained in Australia rather than go to Japan plus the relocation cruise to Vancouver. Thought the OBC was too good to be true given the price we paid 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

 

So if you're on any of those voyages, it's bad luck? That seems very harsh - we're all in the same situation of being loath to submit ourselves to the danger which coronavirus poses to some of us. I think that's very unfair. I haven't commented before now on this matter and I'm a big supporter of Cunard but I think to exclude these particular cruises is the wrong thing to do. Totally unfair.

 

 

Completely disagree - we all booked on those cruises AFTER about the 18 Feb - we knew  the risks and got very good prices 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Additional" On Board Spending? That word "additional" doesn't appear on our email.  We already have $300 pp ($600 stateroom) OBS. Will we expect $1200? It's not clear.

 

Our cruise, is ex Southampton April 16th.  I am assuming that there will be a good number of potential customers who will take the money and FCC and run which leaves the next question: will Cunard run a cruise with potentially just 50% or fewer on board passengers?

 

And next question: what of excursions in Spain and Portugal (Granada and Seville)? Will those still run and if not because of Spanish crackdown on movement just what is the point of sailing down to Spain only to have to stay on board at the ports? You may as well just stay in Southampton and look at the docks from your balconies.

 

I can see Cunard cancelling all cruises On Queen Victoria between now and September.

 

I'll wait until 3 days beforehand and make a decision then.

Edited by Roger Ackroyd
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lissie said:

Completely disagree - we all booked on those cruises AFTER about the 18 Feb - we knew  the risks and got very good prices 

 

The situation in Australia has changed dramatically in the three weeks since booking. You are entitled to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

 

The situation in Australia has changed dramatically in the three weeks since booking. You are entitled to disagree.

 

Sorry   no it hasn't there were cases in Australia when I booked - there are still a few - there were no cases in NZ (where I live) - there are 5 now.   We are paying around US$2500 for 2 for a 25 night cruise - it really doesn't get much better than that.  We knew about the virus - we knew we took a risk because we couldn't confirm insurance cover for my partner (not for coronavirus),  but I dont' see that anything else has substantially changed - except probably the airfare back from Vancouver is probably less now 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm going to make myself hugely unpopular by what I say, so please remember I say it as someone with a voyage booked for May, which I hope to go on, but realise I may have to cancel at short notice. In which case, I am resigned to losing my money, and, when I booked over a year ago, I knew there risks attached to doing so.

 

So, Cunard is a commercial organisation not a charity, this horrid virus is not in any way their fault, any more than it is mine. Why on earth should people expect them to waive there Ts and Cz? Surely dealing with unusual situations is what Ts and Cs are for. Obviously there is one reason why they should be generous, good will from their customers. But equally we should not feel it is a right.

 

Please don't all shout at once.😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapmuppet said:

Thanks !

 

Still no mention of the additional OBC if Cunard have applied spend at the orginal time of booking (as part of the incentive )

Yes it will be in addition to any OBC you already have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

"Additional" On Board Spending? That word "additional" doesn't appear on our email.  We already have $300 pp ($600 stateroom) OBS. Will we expect $1200? It's not clear.

 

Our cruise, is ex Southampton April 16th.  I am assuming that there will be a good number of potential customers who will take the money and FCC and run which leaves the next question: will Cunard run a cruise with potentially just 50% or fewer on board passengers?

 

And next question: what of excursions in Spain and Portugal (Granada and Seville)? Will those still run and if not because of Spanish crackdown on movement just what is the point of sailing down to Spain only to have to stay on board at the ports? You may as well just stay in Southampton and look at the docks from your balconies.

 

I can see Cunard cancelling all cruises On Queen Victoria between now and September.

 

I'll wait until 3 days beforehand and make a decision then.

We have the chance to take $300 obc and cruise we are 43 days out from flight date on the QM TA April 25th. We will likely cancel and take the 40-60 refund/fcc. The thing for us to consider would be will Cunard cancel that cruise anyway, there will likely be thousands of corona cases in nyc by then and what will be like if indeed the QM is a ghost cruise with only a few hundred onboard and what state nyc as a whole wil be in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We have the chance to take $300 obc and cruise we are 43 days out from flight date on the QM TA April 25th. We will likely cancel and take the 40-60 refund/fcc. The thing for us to consider would be will Cunard cancel that cruise anyway, there will likely be thousands of corona cases in nyc by then and what will be like if indeed the QM is a ghost cruise with only a few hundred onboard and what state nyc as a whole wil be in.

Hi ace2542,

There are so many imponderables at the moment that I can understand people's concern over what to do for the best. At least those of us who have other cruises booked with Cunard - we have a NY/Quebec/NY/Southampton in September and a San Francisco/Brisbane next February - can use the FCC to advantage. But we don't want to be sailing on a ghost ship with just a few hearty souls dotted around the restaurant (presumably at tables for 2!).

Economically, as an earlier poster mentioned, Cunard are between a rock and a hard place. They can't afford to have a ship ending up like the two Princess ships, quarantined and out of action but there again the cost of running a cruise without a decent passenger load punches a big hole in the profit. And we'd be hard pushed to spend $1200 OBS in 10 days (but I'd have a pretty good go with the wine list!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I know I'm going to make myself hugely unpopular by what I say, so please remember I say it as someone with a voyage booked for May, which I hope to go on, but realise I may have to cancel at short notice. In which case, I am resigned to losing my money, and, when I booked over a year ago, I knew there risks attached to doing so.

 

So, Cunard is a commercial organisation not a charity, this horrid virus is not in any way their fault, any more than it is mine. Why on earth should people expect them to waive there Ts and Cz? Surely dealing with unusual situations is what Ts and Cs are for. Obviously there is one reason why they should be generous, good will from their customers. But equally we should not feel it is a right.

 

Please don't all shout at once.😀

Totally agree. Well said. 
 

email from Cunard this am re our 21.6 cruise. £900 additional onboard credit if we would like to sail - which is our plan. If we wish to change itinerary we can transfer to another cruise later in the year - which is our second choice plan. Or we can cancel and get fcc for use up to jan 2022. Which would be our third choice option. The itinerary change or cancellation option is available from now until 48 hours before we sail. 
 

folks need to remember that this is all out of cunards control and like every business need to think about their bottom line. Perspective is necessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

And we'd be hard pushed to spend $1200 OBS in 10 days (but I'd have a pretty good go with the wine list!).

I'd start with the Amarones...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sogne said:

 

For bookings made before 11 March 2020, and departing before 31 August 2020.

If you’d like to keep your existing booking, your ship and crew are ready and waiting to welcome you.page...

 

Not showing on the US site.  Still waiting for some solid information.  Thanks for posting in full.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're waiting another few weeks to decided about our April QV cruise, assuming the US cancellation policy is like the one posted for UK.  For us a major question will be whether ports will allow us to disembark.  If that's in doubt we'll have to cancel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alc13 said:

We're waiting another few weeks to decided about our April QV cruise, assuming the US cancellation policy is like the one posted for UK.  For us a major question will be whether ports will allow us to disembark.  If that's in doubt we'll have to cancel.

Hi alc13,

Same with us. As I mentioned earlier, there's little point in cruising to a Spanish port if we aren't allowed to disembark and visit the sights - one of the reasons to cruise. We're holding off any decision until 3 days before cruise (April 16th).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a fair and reasonable offer from Cunard.

 

We have two cruises booked. One on QM2 leaving Cape Town on 2 April and one to Norway on QV in August.

 

We'll wait until 3 days before departure to decide our course of action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, alc13 said:

I'd start with the Amarones...

I think you'll find there's only one Amarone on the list, and not that expensive. Why not splash out and have a Château Lafite! lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the answer to this?

We booked and paid for an 8 night crossing M019, but arranged to board on day 2, so only on QM2 for 7 nights (although we paid for 8).

Will we be entitled to $600 or only $300?

 

Coming home will only be $300 as it's clearly a 7 nighter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D&N said:

I think you'll find there's only one Amarone on the list, and not that expensive. Why not splash out and have a Château Lafite! lol.

 

Or work with Sommeliers on excellent value bin ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D&N said:

I think you'll find there's only one Amarone on the list, and not that expensive. Why not splash out and have a Château Lafite! lol.

Gasp! - a better idea there

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D&N said:

Does anyone know the answer to this?

We booked and paid for an 8 night crossing M019, but arranged to board on day 2, so only on QM2 for 7 nights (although we paid for 8).

Will we be entitled to $600 or only $300?

 

Coming home will only be $300 as it's clearly a 7 nighter.

 

The details of the actual booking reference reigns 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming that if the virus is still as bad in the second half of this year the new cancellations, etc will continue?  We have a cruise booked for October and at this present time have no intention of cancelling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

 

Thank you, Hattie, for giving us the link. I realise that as Canadians who booked through the US site this doesn't apply to us, but I expect something similar will appear imminently for this side of the pond.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...