Jump to content

Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Canuker said:

I imagine the point made above has already been addressed by someone (if so, my apologies for repetition).
If not, it needs to be said that Cunard's on board accounts are always (repeat, always) kept in US$, regardless of the origin of the passenger or currency of the booking contract. Live in Timbuktu and booked in Greek drachma with a travel agent in Fiji? Your onboard a/c will be in US$.

Good to know - thank you!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hypercafe said:

Just read where US is thinking of restrictions on travel to and from Europe. So much for the QM crossings

 

Can you post a link or origin for this? 

 

Given that one of the main stays of Cunard business and many people on the Cunard boards discussions is around the TAs, you can't just chuck a statement out like that not say where it has come from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

With a saver fare, you don’t get to choose a cabin number

 

oh, that's good then. I did choose our cabin. Well, back to waiting for the next news bulletin. Thanks for the clarity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, T5LHR said:

 

Can you post a link or origin for this? 

 

Given that one of the main stays of Cunard business and many people on the Cunard boards discussions is around the TAs, you can't just chuck a statement out like that not say where it has come from. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/cucinelli-us-travel-restrictions-europe/index.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T5LHR said:

 

Can you post a link or origin for this? 

 

Given that one of the main stays of Cunard business and many people on the Cunard boards discussions is around the TAs, you can't just chuck a statement out like that not say where it has come from. 

President Trump, .2 min ago on national TV in the US. . No more flights from EU as of Friday for the next 30 days. UK not impacted for the time being. Situation periodically reassessed.

Edited by Meliador
Link to post
Share on other sites

If / when anyone reads anything definitive from Cunard North America about these or similar concessions and options, do please let us know here at this thread and, if possible, provide a link to the source of the information.
Thank you in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meliador said:

Pres. Trump, .2 min ago on national TV in the US. . No more flights from EU as of Friday for the next 30 days. UK not impacted for the time being. Situation periodically reassessed.

As if Heathrow wasn't a zoo already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Option:

40 percent refund and 60 percent credit.

 

Within the 42 day window.  We have trip cancellation insurance which covers us but wondering if they would require taking the credit - versus cancelling the trip and getting a 100 percent refund from the Insurance Company.  Lots of uncertainy what travel will be like in 2021

 

Any insights

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JohnoClark said:

Option:

40 percent refund and 60 percent credit.

 

Within the 42 day window.  We have trip cancellation insurance which covers us but wondering if they would require taking the credit - versus cancelling the trip and getting a 100 percent refund from the Insurance Company.  Lots of uncertainy what travel will be like in 2021

 

Any insights

What type of insurance? Unless you have Cunard Care or Cancel for Any reason, all other insurance is void once it is issued as a pandemic. Cunard Care ironically will only give you 75% FCC so the 40/60 option is a better deal unless you have a qualifying reason. Cancel for any Reason insurance will pay up to 75% of un-recoved cost if your lucky. I've been fighting battles and weighing options all day today so I'm right there w/ you. 

Edited by Glamorkat
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T5LHR said:

 

Can you post a link or origin for this? 

 

Given that one of the main stays of Cunard business and many people on the Cunard boards discussions is around the TAs, you can't just chuck a statement out like that not say where it has come from. 

President of the US announced at 8 pm this evening that as of Friday March 13 all travel to and from Europe except England is prohibited except for US citizens wishing to return home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

President of the US announced at 8 pm this evening that as of Friday March 13 all travel to and from Europe except England is prohibited except for US citizens wishing to return home. 

Not to Europe. Only from Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vogatrice said:

Not to Europe. Only from Europe.

Correct. We are happy to have those wishing to leave the country do so. Only if you need to return that might be difficult.  In addition to what the Federal Government does the states can also close ports and NY and Massachusetts have declared states of emergency. So you may not be able to dock in wither of those two states. Maybe Cunard can change up their scheduled runs to leave from Canada and return there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunard have updated their FAQ so the excluded voyages are expanded to QM2 and QV but only apply to the onboard spending money offer. 

 

Given the excellent prices on the extended Australian season for QE this exclusion is fair.

Are there any exclusions to the offer?

The onboard spending money offer is NOT available to guests booked on the following voyages M008A, M008B, M009, M009A, Q009N, Q010N, Q011N, Q012N, Q013B, Q015N, Q015C, Q016N, V009 and V009A.

Cunard FAQ.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Coathanger said:

Cunard have updated their FAQ so the excluded voyages are expanded to QM2 and QV but only apply to the onboard spending money offer. 

 

Given the excellent prices on the extended Australian season for QE this exclusion is fair.
 

 

Cunard FAQ.PNG

 

Now that's interesting - that implies that the ability to cancel the cruise is available to those of us on those cruises - interesting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lissie said:

 

Now that's interesting - that implies that the ability to cancel the cruise is available to those of us on those cruises - interesting 

 

 

Yes I noticed that ,,we are holding out as long as possible we wont get the same cruise at the price again , so we want to go as booked

 

Regards

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Anybody know why some of the QV and QM2  cruises are excluded from this new policy???? I think I understand why the QE cruises have been excluded.

Hi 

 

It appears that you can cancel and get a Future cruise credit ..but not cash ..

 

Also you can go as booked but dont get the extra OBC 

 

Thats my take on things

 

Regards

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lissie said:

 

Now that's interesting - that implies that the ability to cancel the cruise is available to those of us on those cruises - interesting 

Unfortunately not.

 

M008A leaves on Saturday. So NO refund, NO future credit, and NO additional obc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

President of the US announced at 8 pm this evening that as of Friday March 13 all travel to and from Europe except England is prohibited except for US citizens wishing to return home. 


I know this may seem pedantic to those from other nations, but the place concerned is the UK, not England, and in this case the difference is important.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

President of the US announced at 8 pm this evening that as of Friday March 13 all travel to and from Europe except England is prohibited except for US citizens wishing to return home. 

Looks like any non-US citizens on QM2 World Cruise (to NY) will have to leave in Cape Town as Tenerife and Madeira are both less than 14 days before NY.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunard may decide to cancel stops in Tenerife (Spain) and Madeira (Portugal) and so go Cape Town - Walvis Bay - Southampton.

 

But the President's order is for 30 days. Stops in Tenerife and Madeira are 13 and 14 April, so just outside. Of course the order could well be extended as things develop.

Edited by longton
Forgot something
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longton said:

Cunard may decide to cancel stops in Tenerife (Spain) and Madeira (Portugal) and so go Cape Town - Walvis Bay - Southampton.

 

But the President's order is for 30 days. Stops in Tenerife and Madeira are 13 and 14 April, so just outside. Of course the order could well be extended as things develop.

Funchal Port banning cruise ships apparently

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi 

 

It appears that you can cancel and get a Future cruise credit ..but not cash ..

 

Also you can go as booked but dont get the extra OBC 

 

Thats my take on things

 

Regards

John

 

I agree that's my reading of it too. Doesn't seem unreasonable TBH. I'd like to  take  the cruise its crazy cheap -and at the pace of developments at the moment the 9 May is a loooong time away 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...