Jump to content

Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I don't think that will make much difference to the current itineraries.

It will make a massive difference all the UK based traveller will not be able to the board the April 18 westbound TA? Captain Wells cannot enter the country either nor can Declan, Grant, DJ Chris, the brits on the show teams whose names I don't know. What are they gonna sail without a captain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

It will make a massive difference all the UK based traveller will not be able to the board the April 18 westbound TA? Captain Wells cannot enter the country either nor can Declan, Grant, DJ Chris, the brits on the show teams whose names I don't know. What are they gonna sail without a captain?

That's not a current itinerary, lots could happen between now & then.

I haven't seen the details of the latest ban but the original Schengen area ban was for 30 days, so wouldn't have included the April 18th sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That's not a current itinerary, lots could happen between now & then.

I haven't seen the details of the latest ban but the original Schengen area ban was for 30 days, so wouldn't have included the April 18th sailing.

The UK ban which affects Captain Wells, Declan, DJ Chris etc etc runs from March 17th 00.01 hours for an unknown period. It is current sailing because I am on the april 25 eastbound nyc/southampton. The ships calls into southampton than does a westbound TA April 18th to 25th Southampton NYC. It is on the roll call I just checked.

Edited by ace2542
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they should bring the ship here during the ban the non US citizens wou not be allowed off the ship is my guess however I can't guess why they would. When it gets back to Southampton just leave it there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

The UK just got removed from the Visa Waiver Program so any UK based travellers will not be able to sail on April 18th westbound sailing so the eastbound sailing is now unlikely to occur.

Apparently not removed but can't travel until ban is lifted esta again after that but that might be months even years away.

Edited by ace2542
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, turnip eater said:

Yes, that’s what we’ve done in the last 10 minutes.....can’t depend on Cunard contacting us here in Fort Lauderdale. So now we have a plan! 😊

In Ft Lauderdale... received call from Southampton.  Cunard organising a flight for us as we booked a fly cruise package with them in U.K. ...  not certain when or what airline...  would make sense for them to charter a plane to get us all home in one go... did you fly out as part of a Cunard fly cruise?  If not your fliggt cost must be met by your insurere i guess

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're reasonably responsive to messaging via social media, I had a query about not getting the email about the flexible booking policy and not getting acknowledgement of final payment resolved this morning. Not drop dead urgent matters but I don't want to be reliant on third party sources of information for alerts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone received information on the Status of the QE Cruise Departing Sydney on April 1st ,,,,,New Zealand is closed but no word from Cunard .. we know its not going to happen but why are Cunard in Australia so slow in advising us...

 

Regards

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Has anyone received information on the Status of the QE Cruise Departing Sydney on April 1st ,,,,,New Zealand is closed but no word from Cunard .. we know its not going to happen but why are Cunard in Australia so slow in advising us...

 

Regards

John


Perhaps they are dealing with people with more urgent queries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Has anyone received information on the Status of the QE Cruise Departing Sydney on April 1st ,,,,,New Zealand is closed but no word from Cunard .. we know its not going to happen but why are Cunard in Australia so slow in advising us...

 

Regards

John

Because they are still selling tickets for it on their website?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IB2 said:

Because they are still selling tickets for it on their website?

 

yes they are and also the next cruise which is the circumnavigation of OZ starting on April 12th 

 

Regards

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Has anyone received information on the Status of the QE Cruise Departing Sydney on April 1st ,,,,,New Zealand is closed but no word from Cunard .. we know its not going to happen but why are Cunard in Australia so slow in advising us...

 

Regards

John

Word is out on FB this morning that all 3 ships are going to be sent back to Southampton. Supposedly info came for a large UK based Cunard TA and a Cunard Rep. Cunard has only stated that the QE cruise which was supposed to sail today 15 Mar has been cancelled - I am anticipating the 01 April and Round Australia cruise to also be cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edavide said:

In Ft Lauderdale... received call from Southampton.  Cunard organising a flight for us as we booked a fly cruise package with them in U.K. ...  not certain when or what airline...  would make sense for them to charter a plane to get us all home in one go... did you fly out as part of a Cunard fly cruise?  If not your fliggt cost must be met by your insurere i guess

We flew out using Avios (frequent flyer points), plus American Express 2for1 ticket.

So we’ve booked our flight back Monday evening, beating any ban😳. Heard nothing from Cunard. I know we didn’t book a fly cruise, but why state they will contact us and not do so, knowing that we are already here, having spoken to them before leaving UK, another rhetorical question. Anyway we’ve been out on the inland water way river taxi sightseeing, nearest that we’re going to get to a cruise for now. Down by the pool enjoying a second Mojito, cheers.🥤

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IB2 said:

Thank you, Ventnor,

 

Not yet then ......hopefully be able to get provisions in on our return. This is not a flippant comment. Ocado website collapsed today under pressure of orders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Thank you, Ventnor,

 

Not yet then ......hopefully be able to get provisions in on our return. This is not a flippant comment. Ocado website collapsed today under pressure of orders.

 
It is one of a number of measures being prepared, if necessary. The operative words  are could be and up to.
 

I am charmed by the thought of the cops insisting everyone out in the park proves they are under seventy...And I speak as someone whose spouse is in the at risk group, so don’t  think I’m taking it lightly, just the logistics seems a trifle difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Thank you, Ventnor,

 

Not yet then ......hopefully be able to get provisions in on our return. This is not a flippant comment. Ocado website collapsed today under pressure of orders.


It might make some people’s insurance claims easier.

 

The other point to note is the duration - four months would be April through July, which gives an indication of how long some of the other restrictions are likely to be around for, as a minimum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

I’m having enough trouble ordering my grocery order from Ocado.

 

 

Absolutely love this!!!

Abandoned in Ft Lauderdale and having issues with your grocery order.

 

Meanwhile in France we're facing curry deprivation next Saturday night!  Government has just decreed that various public places including restaurants will close from midnight for an unspecified duration. We hoped to travel to Grasse for the best curry in the region next week.

 

But there are exceptions. Tobacconists (among others) are exempt! Are they hoping that the lung cancer death rates stay higher than CoVid-19?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IB2 said:

Also worth reminding people that in current circumstances, anyone booking a cruise further ahead should do so on standard (not saver) terms, book any associated travel arrangements as a package rather than independently, and (if possible - some insurers are withdrawing cover and others pushing up premiums) cover it with insurance.  If you have a standard fare package and it is cancelled, your financial risk is the lowest.

Thanks IB2. This is sound and helpful advice. You might wish to consider posting it elsewhere on CC, for non-Cunarders to read too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6th of May back to back... I am considering just canceling. 

 

I will be away for 6 weeks before the departure and really won't be in a position to deal with it whilst I am away... So might be better to just bite the bullet and sort it out before I go... 😕 

 

Take the refund and FCC and then revisit the whole thing when I am home and things have calmed down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

We flew out using Avios (frequent flyer points), plus American Express 2for1 ticket.

So we’ve booked our flight back Monday evening, beating any ban😳. Heard nothing from Cunard. I know we didn’t book a fly cruise, but why state they will contact us and not do so, knowing that we are already here, having spoken to them before leaving UK, another rhetorical question. Anyway we’ve been out on the inland water way river taxi sightseeing, nearest that we’re going to get to a cruise for now. Down by the pool enjoying a second Mojito, cheers.🥤

 

52 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

We flew out using Avios (frequent flyer points), plus American Express 2for1 ticket.

So we’ve booked our flight back Monday evening, beating any ban😳. Heard nothing from Cunard. I know we didn’t book a fly cruise, but why state they will contact us and not do so, knowing that we are already here, having spoken to them before leaving UK, another rhetorical question. Anyway we’ve been out on the inland water way river taxi sightseeing, nearest that we’re going to get to a cruise for now. Down by the pool enjoying a second Mojito, cheers.🥤

They called on my mobile / cell....   presume yours is switched on...  not being funny but with the time difference mine was on "do not disturb"... only picked up because i happened to see it calling!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

My wife spoke to an agent on phone,  who said we could only get a partial refund plus FCC. 

 

I've just emailed then quoting policy above. 

 

 

Might that be because you are not a "British national" (just guessing here).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samiam1 said:

Cunard will need to park it now:

 

US travel ban from UK and Ireland confirmed

The ban on travel to the US from UK and Ireland will begin at 00:00 Eastern time on Monday (04:00 GMT on Tuesday), US Vice-President Mike Pence has confirmed.

 

Mike Pence spoke? Are you sure?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...