Bringing fresh flowers and fruit on board

cnschultzy

My husband and I got married in Fort Lauderdale this weekend and are boarding the Edge today. I’m too excited to sleep so I thought I’d see if you folks could help me clear up a few things that I can’t seem to find answers for: 

1. What is Celebrity’s policy on bringing fresh flowers on board? I’d love to enjoy my bridal bouquet for a few more days if possible but if it’ll be confiscated, I’ll leave it behind. 

2. We bought some groceries for our stay in Fort Lauderdale and have a few apples and bananas leftover. Can we bring them on board? I see the Celebrity website says we can’t bring refrigerated items but don’t see fruit listed.  

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

Congratulations!

You should be fine with your bouquet but do consider the size and where you would put it in your cabin...remember to put it in the scanner stalks first!

I wouldn’t bother with the fruit there is a great selection in Oceanview...

And you can ask your room attendant to bring a vase to put the bouquet in (assuming of course the design allows that).  We’ve sailed from Amsterdam a number of times and always pick up a large bouquet from the flower market before boarding.

Congratulations!  BTW, spent a month in Victoria last summer. Very nice city.

As others said, Celebrity prohibits fruit and other non-packaged food to be brought aboard.    Officially they say:

" You are free to bring non-perishable prepackaged food in limited quantities."   

We were on a cruise recently and a guest got on line with left over lunch in Foil.   She was stopped and told she could not bring it aboard.