Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Truluv

1st time Eurodam Question - compare to RCL?

I had my 1st Oosterdam cruise to AK about 3 years ago, and had a wonderful time.  I usually cruise with RCL, although over the years I've cruised on Carnival (8 times), Celebrity (1 time)  & NCL (3 times).  I had a Neptune suite the 1st time on Oosterdam and was amazed at its size and comfort compared to JS suites on RCL.  Since I was booking two cabins for this cruise (bringing a kid & his wife),  I went with balcony cabins.   Can someone give me an idea what to expect with a balcony cabin on Eurodam?   Is it the equivalent of a balcony cabin on RCL?  It's been about 25 years since I cruised on a ship of this size LOL.  Any special tips about Eurodam?    My kid & his wife chose the ship based on its itinerary and the dates.

21 minutes ago, Truluv said:

I had my 1st Oosterdam cruise to AK about 3 years ago, and had a wonderful time.  I usually cruise with RCL, although over the years I've cruised on Carnival (8 times), Celebrity (1 time)  & NCL (3 times).  I had a Neptune suite the 1st time on Oosterdam and was amazed at its size and comfort compared to JS suites on RCL.  Since I was booking two cabins for this cruise (bringing a kid & his wife),  I went with balcony cabins.   Can someone give me an idea what to expect with a balcony cabin on Eurodam?   Is it the equivalent of a balcony cabin on RCL?  It's been about 25 years since I cruised on a ship of this size LOL.  Any special tips about Eurodam?    My kid & his wife chose the ship based on its itinerary and the dates.

Check out halfacts.com Lots of pictures so you can see cabin and balcony size.

We have cruised in Neptunes and Signature Suites in the past but for the money choose verandah cabins now and find the space more than adequate. Only thing we miss are the big suite bathrooms but thats no deal breaker. We have been on Eurodams sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam twice in the past year and will be on her again in a month, always in verandah cabins and with our 2 year old in the cabin with us and never felt crowded. Love the size of the ship. If your cabins are next to each other, you should be able to ask your room steward to open the balconies up to each other.

Oh and eat at Tamarind. You can check out all the menus, sample daily activity sheets, and lots more info at http://www.rogerjett-photography.com

That's a great site - thank you very much! 

Can't share balcony, although it's a great idea.  I put the kids' cabin as far away as I could-- frankly,  I was surprised they agreed to spend a rare vacation week with me so I don't want to jinx it LOL.