Fridge in cabin on Celebrity Summit

MerePrize

First time cruisers. We are in a balcony suite and got a free upgrade to a concierge cabin - yay! We purchased the upgraded drink package because we like specific brands of alcohol. I've read on several posts that folks have their cabin steward empty their fridge as soon as they arrive so that they don't get charged for consuming those items. But, I've also read that you only get charged for alcoholic drinks and snacks. How does the whole in-cabin fridge thing really work, and can we "stock" it ourselves with item we got on ship (i.e, bottled water)?

Which upgraded drinks package? There is more than one. Most beverage packages don't include anything stocked in the fridges. Yes, you can ask to have the stocked items removed and replace them with items you have gotten from the bars with your beverage package.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

Generally nothing the ship provides in your fridge is covered. Ask the stewad to empty it either before you board or immediately. 

Having done so - you can pick up unopened cans of soda etc on your package.  If you choose to store such items in your fridge you should not be charged for them.  There are a number of threads where folk have been - but the charge is usally voided when you can prove that you asked the steward to empty the fridge first.

Do note - these are not proper fridges - they cannot be used to store medications needing to remain below 5 degrees or chilled foodstuffs.

• Like 1

We always have the cooler, I call it a cooler because it never, ever gets really cold, cleared out as soon as we arrive I cabin after meeting our cabin attendant.

We fill it full of bottled water and soda.

CAUTION: Insure you check your onboard account DAILY so there is no mistake in the items that were removed, it happens !

• Like 1

It isn’t a true fridge.  It is a cooler.  We ask the butler if a suite, or cabin attendant to empty the cooler.  We get bottled water 0ther canned or bottled drinks and canned soda from the bars And put in cooler.   If you don’t have the deluxe drink package and aren’t in a suite, you can only get bottled water and tap soda.  If you are in a suite, you can get these beverages in the suite lounge without a drink package.  Oh beer also with both packages

• Like 1

Yes you can have your fridge emptied if you want to use the space for your water, or you can have it locked or you can just leave it and be advised that if you drink anything from it you will be charged! even if you have the drinks package - the mini bar is not included! Its silly I think but that's the way it is