Transfer from Boat to New Orleans airport

nanatexas

Booked our trip New Orleans round trip. In the paper work i can book transfers when we get back and the time is 7:30 am leaving time. How long does it take to get to the New Orleans airport on a Monday morning? I want to book a car for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why you would want to go to the airport to pick up a rental car. Usually rental cars are less expensive in town. You could look for a location near the dock or near the Intercontinental Hotel (and take their shuttle to the hotel instead of to the airport). If you plan to drive back into New Orleans, you may be wasting time going to the airport first. If you are staying at the hotel one night prior to your cruise, you could make the arrangements then after talking with the AQSC people at the hotel and the hotel concierge.

Are you planning to drive in New Orleans or out of the city? You may find parking in the city difficult and expensive. Are you sure you want a car?

If you have a very late flight and you are looking to spend a day in the city, you may want to take the shuttle to the hotel and check your luggage there. Then you could return to the hotel to take a shuttle to the airport. You may want to discuss this with the hotel concierge. You may also want to call the hotel concierge in advance instead of waiting until you get there.