No idea regarding Royal Caribbean but the pizza in Alfredo's is a different class than Slice. The pizza in Alfredo's reminded me of the excellent pizza that I have had in Italy.

5 minutes ago, brisalta said:

No idea regarding Royal Caribbean but the pizza in Alfredo's is a different class than Slice. The pizza in Alfredo's reminded me of the excellent pizza that I have had in Italy.

Silly girl, pizza does not come from Italy, its strictly a New York thing.  Oh, and if anyone from Chicago butts in here, they dont know what they are talking about.

Edited by stoneharborlady

5 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Silly girl, pizza does not come from Italy, its strictly a New York thing.  Oh, and if anyone from Chicago butts in here, they dont know what they are talking about.

Young lady feel free to call that rubbish that comes from New York pizza if you wish.

Edited by brisalta

Beaconlight:

The Pizza in slice is equal to the pizza in Sorrento's.  It is not very good but is acceptable if you get it in the first few minutes after it comes out of the oven.  After about 10 minutes sitting under the lights, it seems to congeal a bit and lose flavor.

Pizza in Alfredo's  is freshly made.  It is as good as that in most Pizza chains and better than many.  Also they have more choices and provide actual table service.

10 minutes ago, ComputerDad said:

Beaconlight:

The Pizza in slice is equal to the pizza in Sorrento's.  It is not very good but is acceptable if you get it in the first few minutes after it comes out of the oven.  After about 10 minutes sitting under the lights, it seems to congeal a bit and lose flavor.

Pizza in Alfredo's  is freshly made.  It is as good as that in most Pizza chains and better than many.  Also they have more choices and provide actual table service.

The pizza from Alfredo is much better than pizza chain pizza.

Alfredo’s on the Royal class ships also has a number of other non pizza items on the menu.  It is our go to spot on embarkation day (shh, I’m supposed to keep that a secret), and good for lunch any day.  Alfredo’s on other ships is just pizza but still a notch up from slice.  Never having done RCCL, I can’t make that comparison.

3 hours ago, history_bits said:

Alfredo's is a game-changer. Wood oven pizza at sea? Sign me up!

My mom and I even debated not booking our upcoming Crown holiday because it didn't have Alfredo's. 😂

I am going to miss the Alfredo's on the Grand when they move her to Asia.

Probably not very up to date, however, both the Princess Lido deck pizza and Alfredos for us were way better than what we had on our Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago.  Pizza, like all other cruise related food is subjective, so YMMV. 

Alfredo’s pizza is delish and fresh. Sorrento’s on RC not so but it’s still edible. We go to Alfredo’s on embarkation day for a relaxing, leisurely lunch as opposed to the bustle of the buffet.

13 hours ago, megsie said:

Alfredo’s pizza is delish and fresh. Sorrento’s on RC not so but it’s still edible. We go to Alfredo’s on embarkation day for a relaxing, leisurely lunch as opposed to the bustle of the buffet.

Is any food on RCCL edible 

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Is any food on RCCL edible 

Well, at least on RC you can get a reasonable steak (price included) on the every day MDR menu. But the burger option on Princess is not too bad.

I do enjoy the Tutti salad bar on the RC ships that have it for lunch in the MDR - you can’t complain when you choose your own ingredients. 

Otherwise, ship food is sometimes good and sometimes not so good over all cruiselines.

18 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not an Alfredos pizza fan at all. Tried it many times on several ships.

I am a fan of the Lido deck (near the pool) Pizza in Slice or whatever they call it depending on the ship.

I'm OK with Alfredos, but it is a thicker crust, heavy pie.  I prefer the pool deck pizza which is more like the large NY style; thin crust you can bend in half.

Has anyone ever ordered the room service pizza for $3 charge. Just curious how large it will be and if you can make it half one thing and half another? Will be on the Coral in a few weeks, so just curious as they do not have an Alfredos which we love.

19 hours ago, brisalta said:

I am going to miss the Alfredo's on the Grand when they move her to Asia.

Just returned from Royal Princess a few weeks ago and thought Grand's Alfredo was vastly superior to Royal. Oddly enough, I thought the pizza on Royal's higher desk was better than Royal's Alfredo. Grand's Alfredo is absolutely fantastic!!

Edited by cheezenip
1 hour ago, megsie said:

I do enjoy the Tutti salad bar on the RC ships that have it for lunch in the MDR - you can’t complain when you choose your own ingredients. 

Otherwise, ship food is sometimes good and sometimes not so good over all cruiselines.

The Tutti salad bar is fabulous. Better than any salad offering that Princess has (that includes the Royal class ships).

1 hour ago, fishin' musician said:

I'm OK with Alfredos, but it is a thicker crust, heavy pie.  I prefer the pool deck pizza which is more like the large NY style; thin crust you can bend in half.

On the Grand the pizza in Alfredo's is thin crust and crisp.

If you can bend a pizza easily it is generally an indication of a soggy under baked crust where the baker is trying to save on energy costs.

Edited by brisalta

Big fan of the pizza on Princess, and was pleasantly surprised by Alfredos.  It is different from the generic slices in that you create your own, it's wood-fired, and a thicker crust.  Can't help with comparisons, but just like all food is on ships, it's very subjective...just as it's subjective as to whether NY pizza is superior to Chicago pizza...oh who am I kidding, deep dish is king!

49 minutes ago, karabear15 said:

Big fan of the pizza on Princess, and was pleasantly surprised by Alfredos.  It is different from the generic slices in that you create your own, it's wood-fired, and a thicker crust.  Can't help with comparisons, but just like all food is on ships, it's very subjective...just as it's subjective as to whether NY pizza is superior to Chicago pizza...oh who am I kidding, deep dish is king!

Deep dish is just quiche by another name 😉