No offers/perks for Transatlantic?

Hi all, First time booking with Celebrity but have cruised on RCCL. I am looking at booking the April 24 repositioning cruise to Ireland on Reflection. I noticed when looking at other cruises there was offers shown with discounts and especially the 1 included perk +140 for extra perks offer (which is what we really like). This is not showing up for this cruise and it's of course the itinerary we want. Do they not have offers for the repositioning?  I know on RCCL they basically "always" have an offer so if one expires you wait a few days and another one shows up. We'll probably book it anyway but would you more experienced Celebrity cruisers recommend we wait and see if there will be an offer or do they just not do them for these cruises (its also my first repositioning).   I am select on Captains Club if that helps.

Edited by krise88

3 hours ago, krise88 said:

We'll probably book it anyway but would you more experienced Celebrity cruisers recommend we wait and see if there will be an offer or do they just not do them for these cruises (its also my first repositioning).   I am select on Captains Club if that helps.

We booked a western TA in 2012 on Infinity for Oct 2013 sailing. No offers, as TA’s usually doesn’t have them, but closer to sailing (Jan 2013) Celebrity UK was offering a drinks package. I rang and was told, “Cancel and rebook at today’s rates “ which was +£556 for the same cabin, but I would also loose £200 Early booking bonus and $150 OBC. I declined.

In August, when I had to pay for the cruise, I asked again, as I also wanted to change my cabin from 7204 to a corner FV 9156. This time the Classic package was included at no extra charge for the upgrade to FV, but we did loose the OBC, but I think we gained in the end with the Classic package and the huge balcony.

I have read today on Social Media, that Reflection’s TA prices have been reduced- good luck.

• Thanks 1

If you book a suite you can get 4 perks 😉

exciting deals starting tomorrow 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues_nextweek.pdf
I think Black Friday sales is the time to book cruises 

different sales coming up 

https://www.celebritysalescom.com/1080/

Edited by Airbalancer
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues_nextweek.pdf

Wow, great links to have.  Thanks!

Just did a mock booking for a veranda if you opt for the Guaranteed cabin the price is $1099pp and no perks.  If book a specific cabin the price is $1899 pp with 1 perk option to go to 3 for $140 more.  The perks come at a price. 

We book a lot of TA cruises because we don't want any perks that jack up the price.  Thankfully, the TA for Rome to Tampa in October 2021 gave us the option of no perks vs. perks.  Perks jack up the price and we don't drink enough outside the Elite Happy Hour to want the drink package.

Originally they never offered perks on repositioning cruises.   in the past year or so they have started offering them on both on board bookings and sometimes during sales.    Keep an eye out and if you already booked check and if the price is right when offered call in and have your reservation re-priced. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

The x-citing deals normally don't come with perks, or taxes and fees. The 14 day transatlantic, on the Infinity, shows $1999 p.p. for a suite guarantee. If you want the four perks, that's another $100 p.p. per day. Still not a bad deal, but....

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Originally they never offered perks on repositioning cruises.   in the past year or so they have started offering them on both on board bookings and sometimes during sales.    Keep an eye out and if you already booked check and if the price is right when offered call in and have your reservation re-priced. 

Call a TA. They book group space with perks. On a TAtlantic you usually have a choice between a really cheap price and perks. The TA this spring to Southampton has insides as low as $699 and is almost sold out. Veranda with 3 perks and extra TA $$ at $1400.

Another option is to check with any of the airlines sites under booking cruises. 

I was just checking one site and they are showing all 4 perks for many of the TA's on the Nov  2020 Infinity.  Also same for the April 2020 Infinity.    For other class room they usually offer prices No Perks, 1 Perk, 3 Perks or 4 perks. 

image.thumb.png.c752dd2876494da2afaf36ae3d02d271.png

A recent Transatlantic we had booked did indeed include four perks.

A price reduction before final payment, including ZERO perks, saved us $740 US per person.

At that savings, we chose the lower price.

Others might think that the drink package is a high-value perk. We do not, hence it was an easy decision.

But I think that there are many offers out there, and it’s important to know the value to you of each different perk.

😎

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Perks were offered on TAs in 2013 😄🥂🍺