NCL refuses me to board, question about refund in similar situation

phire

26 minutes ago, nwo4life said:

How does NCL or USCBC know that?

By checking the stamp when I left China? Lol. 

I always get pulled in at the border, they want me to show that I will not stay in the States without leaving. So, pay stub, HR proof of employment and work schedule, hotel being booked, that's just the usual thing I prepare for USCBC. I did not expect the cruise denies me before I got to the border. Of course if it's USCBC denying me, I don't need to complain here.

18 minutes ago, phire said:

By checking the stamp when I left China? Lol. 

I always get pulled in at the border, they want me to show that I will not stay in the States without leaving. So, pay stub, HR proof of employment and work schedule, hotel being booked, that's just the usual thing I prepare for USCBC. I did not expect the cruise denies me before I got to the border. Of course if it's USCBC denying me, I don't need to complain here.

The lack of stamp is not proof, my passport never gets stamped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwo4life said:

I have travel out of the country 22 times using a passport. My passport was stamped only once.

Interestingly, your post prompted me to do a quick google search:

"Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Macau and South Korea do not stamp passports upon entry nor exit, but issue landing slips instead."

Huh...who knew?

1 minute ago, GettotheSun said:

"Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Macau and South Korea do not stamp passports upon entry nor exit, but issue landing slips instead."

Huh...who knew?

Cruise #1 we got a stamp in NOLA upon our return. Cruises 2-22 no stamps.

5 minutes ago, nwo4life said:

3 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Huh...who knew?

Yea, Chinese passport is not that flexible, I always get stamped. The passport discrimination won't work, because many people in HK have dual citizenship like my husband. He could have got away with it just by bringing his Canadian passport. 

52 minutes ago, phire said:

Yea, Chinese passport is not that flexible, I always get stamped. The passport discrimination won't work, because many people in HK have dual citizenship like my husband. He could have got away with it just by bringing his Canadian passport. 

How does USCBC know that you're always gets stamped?

2 hours ago, nwo4life said:

How does USCBC know that you're always gets stamped?

Again, because people get stamped when leaving China. Chinese did not go to China in the past 14 days are still getting admitted to US at the border. This is how they tell, I just always prepare more evidence to try to shorten their question period.

4 hours ago, nwo4life said:

Cruise #1 we got a stamp in NOLA upon our return. Cruises 2-22 no stamps.

I’m an American but have been to China twice. They stamp on entry and exit. AND there is a visa pasted over a whole page of the passport as well.  My husband was born in China and whilst he is a US citizen now, he had traveled to China when he only had a green card and a Chinese passport. They stamp Chinese passports too. 

You really can’t use cruise travel and a fair indicator. Most countries don’t stamp passengers visiting for the day on a cruise ship. Cuba and Russia are the only exceptions in my passport book. And the UK if sailing in on a transatlantic...they actually send a customs agent on the QM2 to sail along each eastbound crossing. I doubt they stamp in a port visit though. 

Regardless of whether people agree with NCL’s stance on this restriction (personally I think it’s silly for them to ban people just for their passport) it is silly to think they cannot easily verify if someone has been to China in the past 14 days.  I really do feel for the OP and her unfortunate situation. 

7 hours ago, nwo4life said:

Interesting that they don't stamp your passport in China when they even stamp Chinese passports. (I assume that you have been to China because otherwise your post doesn't belong in this thread.)

• Like 1

Is all this controversy about passport stamping because people go to foreign ports while cruising and don't get passports stamped? I have never even taken my passport ashore on a port stop. I just checked my current passport and every time I have flown into a foreign country my passport has been stamped but I could not find a stamp for when we cruised back to New Orleans after a closed ended cruise. Of course a passport is not required for such a cruise originating in the USA.

Passports are are required for open ended cruises but I have never been on one. I am curious. Do passports get stamped at the end of these cruises? 

I see, you guys are talking about China cruise tours, I can't speak about that because it was supposed to be my 1st ever cruise outside of Canada. 

I was talking about leaving China by airplane or by car, I always get stamped. My hubby's Canadian passport is rather clean, mine is stamped everywhere, because Chinese passport is not that flexible. 

So if you were talking about cruising, and I hear from the news that dropping the Chinese, HK, Macau people only lose 6% of their revenue, then all other passport holders are more likely to hide that they went to an Asian cruise.

7 hours ago, phire said:

So if you were talking about cruising, and I hear from the news that dropping the Chinese, HK, Macau people only lose 6% of their revenue, then all other passport holders are more likely to hide that they went to an Asian cruise.

Hey phire,

I don’t know if you already know this, but Royal Caribbean just announced that they are easing their policy to allow holders of Chinese passports to cruise as long as they haven’t been to China recently. Norwegian is still holding firm but it’s not uncommon to see other cruise lines follow suit when one changes their policy.

I hope that NCL makes the change as well and that you’re able to go on your cruise 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-02-10/norwegian-cruise-line-china-passports-coronavirus-outbreak%3f_amp=true

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 7:41 AM, phire said:

So it only occurred to me twice that I eagered to become a Canadian. I immigrated with my parents, and when they became Canadian I was too old to change nationality with them as a family. Another time was 3 years ago, that I actually did the application to the last page, $900....I thought it was too expensive and I was unemployed that time... So I just kept my Chinese nationality. But it is irrelevant to this topic.

Wow the price has gone up I took Canadian Citizenship in 95 after 30 years in the country at that point it was $150.   But as it was such a hassle to renew my British passport it was worth it.  Sorry this has become such an issue for your family 

Edited by girlcruiser