Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Joebucks

Who has tried a Guy's breakfast burger?

Next month, I will be on the Sunrise, and you can bet I will be trying one of those. The All-American sounds great, but damn does that sound like a heavy meal. Obviously, I've had a Guy's burger before, and I've also had an egg on my burger. Although, I am curious about the maple donkey sauce and a hash brown sounds interesting too. So who has had one? Would you do it again?

oh my I was on the Vista a couple of years ago and Guys was not open for breakfast.

Hmm wondering why but sounds interesting and a way to get people out of the crowded Buffet.

The breakfast burger at Guys is really good. I did not get the hashbrown one but the

one with the egg was so good I ate one for 3 days after I discovered them.

It's funny that Guy would have a burger with an egg on it, since he hates eggs and avoids them like the plague on Triple D.

I hate eggs, too...even though I've never been on Triple D.

A burger with egg is not a new concept.  A restaurant we frequent has a Jalapeño Egg Burger -- fried egg / cheddar / bacon / chipotle sauce / pickled jalapeños:

EggBurger-14759.jpg

Edited by VentureMan_2000

5 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Next month, I will be on the Sunrise, and you can bet I will be trying one of those. The All-American sounds great, but damn does that sound like a heavy meal. Obviously, I've had a Guy's burger before, and I've also had an egg on my burger. Although, I am curious about the maple donkey sauce and a hash brown sounds interesting too. So who has had one? Would you do it again?

we will be on March 7!!  Looking to try this....maybe :)

Oh.  My.  Goodness.   I had not heard about this.   I will be on the Sunrise in 7 days!   And I can't wait to try: 

The Prime Time Turkey, a turkey breakfast sausage patty, maple gravy, provolone cheese, bacon, a hash brown patty and maple donkey sauce on a French toast bun.

I'll try to remember to report back!!!

On 2/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, livingthedream1 said:

The breakfast burger at Guys is really good. I did not get the hashbrown one but the

one with the egg was so good I ate one for 3 days after I discovered them.

it took you 3 days to eat one 🤣

42 minutes ago, coevan said:

Hahahahahahaha! Too funny! Good one!

1 hour ago, coevan said:

Must have been that donkey sauce kicking back up.:classic_wacko:

Waiting patiently for all the naysayers.  

I'd heard on here a while back that Guy's is serving breakfast burgers.  We'll definitely give them a try on our cruise next week.

Fingers crossed they'll push this out to all the ships!  We are on the Glory in September and my hubby now thinks he needs these!

Sooo...I sailed on the Sunrise back in February, and I tried the Prime Time Turkey.  I have to say...I was expecting something very different from the turkey sausage patty I got.  Honestly, it just seemed like a giant turkey burger patty to me.  Not much sausage flavor at all.  I ended up pulling the turkey out of it, and just eating the rest.  The hash brown, maple sauce, etc...were fantastic.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably opt for the regular burger patty, with the "fixins" of the Prime Time Turkey.