Smell of smoke because of location of room

I am leaving on Celebrity Equinox 2/15/20 and was assigned cabin 6219. It is on the port side directly above the smoking area on deck 5. It is in the hump area, so it does stick out, so I was thinking that the smoke smell would be reduced.  Does anyone have information on the amount of smoke I might encounter? This was a very last minute vacation, so I couldn’t pick my cabin. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sarah

Smoking on the Celebrity Equinox

Cigarette smoking is allowed on the port side of the Sky Observation Lounge, the port side of the Resort Deck (Deck 12), the starboard side of the Lido Deck (Deck 14), and the port side of the Entertainment Deck (Deck 5) where tables, chairs, and ashtrays are provided.

If I recall the smoking area is just forward of the Retreat Lounge on Deck 5 just before the deck narrows.  I was lookng at deck plan and looks like the area is right around the stairway.   If this is the case your cabin will be forward of the smoking area.    While I have never been in that room I would think that when the ship is sailing the smoke would be blown aft and not have a chance to whaff up (could be wrong).     When in port this may be different. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cigarette smoking is allowed on the port side of the Sky Observation Lounge, the port side of the Resort Deck (Deck 12), the starboard side of the Lido Deck (Deck 14), and the port side of the Entertainment Deck (Deck 5) where tables, chairs, and ashtrays are provided.

If I recall the smoking area is just forward of the Retreat Lounge on Deck 5 just before the deck narrows.   While I have never been in that room I would think that when the ship is sailing the smoke would be blown aft and not have a chance to whaff up (could be wrong).     When in port this may be different. 

Maybe you meant port side of the Sunset Bar, Deck 15? 

Just to clarify, Resort Deck = Pool Deck in plain folks language, and starboard side of the Lido Deck = Mast Bar.  🍷

39 minutes ago, sarleo said:

I am leaving on Celebrity Equinox 2/15/20 and was assigned cabin 6219. It is on the port side directly above the smoking area on deck 5. It is in the hump area, so it does stick out, so I was thinking that the smoke smell would be reduced.  Does anyone have information on the amount of smoke I might encounter? This was a very last minute vacation, so I couldn’t pick my cabin. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sarah

You are in a 2B stateroom.  If you want to switch, there is a 2C stateroom available, 6302.  It's on the starboard side, but it's back aft.  Take a look, and if you want to change, contact your travel agent.  🍷

In October we were right above 6219 in 7221 & 7223.  The smoking for that sailing was way up front by the forward staircase port side.   It was  also on the Starboard side right outside of Cafe al Boccio.

Edited by micheleata
3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

This is old info - smoking is not allowed in the Observation Lounge, nor in any indoor area at all.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

I'm sure Jim_lian means the Sunset Bar on Deck 15 and not the Sky Lounge on Deck 14.  🍷

I posted a direct quote from Celebrity Website.    I should have read it closer because we all know that you can smoke in the Sky Lounge.  Obviously it was in error...   Wondering if they meant the port side of the Mast Bar.     I seem to remember they use to allow smoking there. 

Thanks for correcting my post.  

This might help-   It is from the Daily on a recent trip on Silhouette, but should also be valid for Equinox.  While they start out with this I have also seen some smoking areas changed due to weather and high seas.

image.png.f4e7cfbefab5cab7da8ab7ff3c3ca048.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
1 minute ago, oneputt18 said:

My last two cruises were on the Equinox and the Reflection and smoking was no longer allowed on the pool deck. Ashtrays were all removed

I always complained to the Hotel Manager on Reflection that the pool deck smoke would draft into the Oceanview Cafe on a windy day when the automatic doors were opened/closed, and draft into the solarium also.  On the Equinox, smoke on the Pool Deck would draft into the solarium.  The Oceanview is one deck up.   🍷 

1 minute ago, oneputt18 said:

My last two cruises were on the Equinox and the Reflection and smoking was no longer allowed on the pool deck. Ashtrays were all removed

Interesting to hear.   I can understand that as it could be annoying.    If I recall Summit did the same thing but when I looked at the Daily they didn't list the smoking areas.    If I recall they opened it a couple times due to inclement whether when they had to close deck 5.

11 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I always complained to the Hotel Manager on Reflection that the pool deck smoke would draft into the Oceanview Cafe on a windy day when the automatic doors were opened/closed, and draft into the solarium also.  On the Equinox, smoke on the Pool Deck would draft into the solarium.  The Oceanview is one deck up.   🍷 

Seriously? The solarium is on the opposite end of the pool deck from what was the smoking area. At least 100+ feet away and in the opposite direction the ship is traveling. It is absurd to state the smoke got anywhere near the solarium. The complaint was the smoke was going into the ship by the mid ship elevators.

3 hours ago, oneputt18 said:

Seriously? The solarium is on the opposite end of the pool deck from what was the smoking area. At least 100+ feet away and in the opposite direction the ship is traveling. It is absurd to state the smoke got anywhere near the solarium. The complaint was the smoke was going into the ship by the mid ship elevators.

The suggestion of smoke in the Solarium may have been from the past when the full Port side of the pool deck was smoking.   Even after shifting to the aft portion near the Ocean View the occasionally shifted it forward due to winds. 

16 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Yup, that's pretty much the standard on the S-Class ships.  🍷

I'll be on Silhouette cabin 7159... should I worry? A previous enquiry here thought the smoking area was further back than that but this info seems to contradict that. 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, LucasLounger1 said:

I'll be on Silhouette cabin 7159... should I worry? A previous enquiry here thought the smoking area was further back than that but this info seems to contradict that. 

Thanks.

Although smoking section exists under both humps, most people smoke around the aft hump.  You should be OK while underway.  🍷