Jump to content

Smell of smoke because of location of room


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LucasLounger1 said:

Thanks Wine-O. Its Transatlantic so lots of sea days.

 

I see you are in a 1A stateroom.  When is your Transatlantic/sail date?  If it's this coming April, there are two 1A staterooms in a similar location on the starboard side, both with large balconies on the forward hump -- 9192 and 9194.  You could just call your travel agent and switch for free.  🍷

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

 

I see you are in a 1A stateroom.  When is your Transatlantic/sail date?  If it's this coming April, there are two 1A staterooms in a similar location on the starboard side, both with large balconies on the forward hump -- 9192 and 9194.  You could just call your travel agent and switch for free.  🍷

It's the November Barcelona to Buenos Aires one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LucasLounger1 said:

It's the November Barcelona to Buenos Aires one.

Check these out in the same location -- 9155 & 9157.  They are 1A in the same location/forward hump/large balconies, but on Deck 9 -- no worry with smoke up there.

 

Other 1A's available in your category -- 9207/9211 (I've stayed in 9211 -- great cabin and location on the ship)

On the starboard side, 8224/8226/8228 and 8252/8254.  All on the hump, great location.  Check them out on the deck plans.  All have large balconies.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

Check these out in the same location -- 9155 & 9157.  They are 1A in the same location/forward hump/large balconies, but on Deck 9 -- no worry with smoke up there.

 

Other 1A's available in your category -- 9207/9211 (I've stayed in 9211 -- great cabin and location on the ship)

On the starboard side, 8224/8226/8228 and 8252/8254.  All on the hump, great location.  Check them out on the deck plans.  All have large balconies.  🍷

Thank you so much Wine-O. That's very kind of you. I'm texting my sister like mad about our best choice of action. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Equinox in Oct of this year and were on the hump starboard side deck 8. When we were stationary there were sometimes we couldn’t use balcony due to smell of smoke from outside Cafe Baccio which we found out is a VERY popular place to smoke. This was our first time on Celebrity and believed that the Port side was the smoking side. We were VERY disappointed to be sure. Underway it was somewhat better. Smoke rises all the way up to the 8th floor even outside .

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, laughingas said:

We were on Equinox in Oct of this year and were on the hump starboard side deck 8. When we were stationary there were sometimes we couldn’t use balcony due to smell of smoke from outside Cafe Baccio which we found out is a VERY popular place to smoke. This was our first time on Celebrity and believed that the Port side was the smoking side. We were VERY disappointed to be sure. Underway it was somewhat better. Smoke rises all the way up to the 8th floor even outside .

This is the first time I've heard of smoking on the Starboard side of the ship.  The only exception is when they refuel.  They move smoking from the port side to the starboard side while taking on fuel.   Maybe they were taking on fuel when you were stationary???   🍷

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

This is the first time I've heard of smoking on the Starboard side of the ship.  The only exception is when they refuel.  They move smoking from the port side to the starboard side while taking on fuel.   Maybe they were taking on fuel when you were stationary???   🍷

I've seen the smoking shifted a number of times to Starboard while at sea.   Normally when strong winds are hitting Port side and they close the deck.   Other cruises they have closed both port and starboard promenade decks.  

 

A couple years ago on Silhouette we were diverting around a big storm and they had all outside decks closed for the complete TA Crossing and all furniture tied down on our Balconies.    On the crossing they shifted smoking to the pool deck Port Side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

This is the first time I've heard of smoking on the Starboard side of the ship.  The only exception is when they refuel.  They move smoking from the port side to the starboard side while taking on fuel.   Maybe they were taking on fuel when you were stationary???   🍷

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This went on for whole cruise and was outside Cafe Baccio on Deck 5 and was not due to bad wind or weather...and as I said  it was bad when boat was stationary in port. Seemed to be common and people like to smoke with coffee and deserts I guess. Not pleasant for us up on Deck 8.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 6210 on the Reflection booked. This thread now has me concerned. I can't get the same pricing anymore, and there are no other 'good' cabins left to change to in the same category. I can cancel the whole thing, or take my chances. Once or twice for refueling is one thing, negating the balcony as usable isn't worth keeping the cruise.

 

Should I be concerned???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that helps a bit. I'm still a bit nervous. Dh spends a LOT of time in the cabin/balcony. The size and location were why I booked that specific cabin, and starboard so we could breath. Heart conditions and smoke don't mix!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, oneputt18 said:

My last two cruises were on the Equinox and the Reflection and smoking was no longer allowed on the pool deck. Ashtrays were all removed

I hope this is still true, hated walking through the sliders on Deck 12 into a cloud of smoke.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one cruise we were on the starboard  in the caribbean.  Our balcony was always pier side when in port.   The same ships from other lines were always at the same ports.   Those other lines allowed smoking on their balconies and while in port it was like a white could between our ships because of all the smokers on the balconies of those ships plus the  passengers hanging out on the pier smoking. 
 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...