Jump to content

Women's Formal Night Shoes


Recommended Posts

It conforms to your foot...so no...it isn't straight flat. The strap across the top and the design of the shoe is that it completely conforms to your foot...so it's a bit like wearing a sock that has "arch support".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, e71465 said:

I refuse to wear shoes that hurt my feet! It's just NOT worth the pain and suffering and I doubt anyone is looking at whether or not my heels are cute or not!! 

I'm with you. I recently donated all my shoes with heels. I figured at my age there's not a single possible scenario where I'll have to wear heels. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simplelife said:

I'm with you. I recently donated all my shoes with heels. I figured at my age there's not a single possible scenario where I'll have to wear heels. 

 

I have one pair left and they're comfortable but I can't remember the last time I wore them. I'm getting ready to donate several pairs of shoes. I'll think about those also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 11:52 PM, canadjineh said:

Hi, the OP's photo looked a lot like Sketchers Rumblers or Beverlees

Very cute and comfortable and quite dressy looking, my friend has a pair in a sparkly pinky beige colour - sort of light nude but with shine.

Image result for womens Sketchers dress sandals images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT-OqhVWFoXvHWD7-qeOtbNRhxBRfKfOrEuW4486wybkat_gWNWj3p820cJyg&usqp=CAc

Just bought the black ones; they feel like slippers on (okay, slippers with a heel) 🙂eta mine have bling on the straps near the toe.

Edited by ams1130
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear these Skechers Yoga sandals from DSW in the evenings on cruises.  Very comfortable and they look great.  I have a pair exactly like the picture below, and a pair of black.  The soles are like wearing memory foam under your feet:

 

470396_578_ss_01?$colpg$

 

 

Edited by pcur
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, e71465 said:

Hi Ladies, 

I'm in my 50's and just want a comfortable shoe to wear on formal night. Not something that has a high heel and hard to walk in. Something cute but comfortable with a heel". I've been looking on line at shoes but can't find anything I like.  I was wondering what you all thought of wearing a wedge heel with my cocktail dress?  The shoe I'm interested in buy is a basic strappy black sandal.  Advice please...  

 

strappy.jpg

I love those

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, pcur said:

I wear these Skechers Yoga sandals from DSW in the evenings on cruises.  Very comfortable and they look great.  I have a pair exactly like the picture below, and a pair of black.  The soles are like wearing memory foam under your feet:

 

470396_578_ss_01?$colpg$

 

 

They look very comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BSR said:

They look very comfortable.

They are!  Non-slip, too.  It's like walking on springy memory foam.  I love them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feet/shoes are very personal!  (One size does not fit all, lol.)

My feet would not be able to walk the short distance from bedroom to bathroom in the yoga sandals above; I need a closed heel, and I find the toe thong painful.

Growing up when pumps were the only style of shoe suitable for work/church, I was often uncomfortable because they had to be snug enough to not slip off my feet when walking.

Now that I'm a senior, I love wearing heels with a strap, closed heel, open sides, closed front or peep toes, and thin flexible soles.  I have no trouble spending the entire evening in them, on a cruise; walking around, dinner, dancing, show, more walking around. (Oddly enough, at this moment there is a NewChic ad with similar shoes, although somewhat less dressy!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Feet/shoes are very personal!  (One size does not fit all, lol.)

My feet would not be able to walk the short distance from bedroom to bathroom in the yoga sandals above; I need a closed heel, and I find the toe thong painful.

Growing up when pumps were the only style of shoe suitable for work/church, I was often uncomfortable because they had to be snug enough to not slip off my feet when walking.

Now that I'm a senior, I love wearing heels with a strap, closed heel, open sides, closed front or peep toes, and thin flexible soles.  I have no trouble spending the entire evening in them, on a cruise; walking around, dinner, dancing, show, more walking around. (Oddly enough, at this moment there is a NewChic ad with similar shoes, although somewhat less dressy!)

 

What works in the sandals I posted about above is the curve of the arch supports your foot while tilting it slightly down and forward.  No slipping out of the sandal.  I've have trouble with toe thongs before, and wrap Doeskin around them as a cushion.  Being flesh colored, you can hardly see the Doeskin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party, but I just ordered these from Skechers......https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/32865/bobs-desert-kiss-twinkle-twinkle/blk

it's hard to tell from the picture, but the strap near your toes has rhinestones across it, so I am thinking it can add a little sparkle and look a little dressier.

I liked them because it looks like they will "pack small". Since I only like to travel with a carry-on sized bag, I like shoes that don't take up a lot of space.

I hope they fit!

 

Alternate View 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

Late to the party, but I just ordered these from Skechers......https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/32865/bobs-desert-kiss-twinkle-twinkle/blk

it's hard to tell from the picture, but the strap near your toes has rhinestones across it, so I am thinking it can add a little sparkle and look a little dressier.

I liked them because it looks like they will "pack small". Since I only like to travel with a carry-on sized bag, I like shoes that don't take up a lot of space.

I hope they fit!

 

Alternate View 2

Good morning, now those are adoreable!!!!!!!!!!  When I click on the link, it brings up the photo in a larger screen. So they sort of have an espadrille bottom and look VERY comfy!!!  I may have only owned 1 pair of Skecher's over the years but they were not nearly as cute as these........very nice!😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...