Roatan Taxi & Beach???s

JayneHL

Before I get scolded, I did check the short excursion board however I was not able to see the answer to this question. Is it possible to take a taxi in Roatan and go to West Bay beach, pay the admission price to the beach, and partake in water activities as we so choose, not interested in snorkeling per se but possibleJet Skis and maybe parasailing.  The excursion sites on Royal Caribbean and private vendors all have a Round-trip transportation, admission to the beach and snorkeling packages which were not interested in which leads me to my basic question of hiring a taxi, going to the beach and partaking in activities that we want. Is this even possible or do we have to book a private vendor or Royal Caribbean shore excursion that has the snorkeling component which we are not interested in?

Thanks for your time in reading this and answering 😊

No charge for admission to the beach. Lots of places will rent you chairs, umbrellas and you can pay for anything you want to do there.

I Am not sure about the  taxis as we have always had our own tour guide for the day. 

Just found this for taxis 

https://roatan.online/taxi-rates

Edited by Ourusualbeach

15 hours ago, JayneHL said:

Is this even possible or do we have to book a private vendor or Royal Caribbean shore excursion that has the snorkeling component which we are not interested in?

It is certainly possible to find a private vendor to take you to West Bay without having to snorkel. That said West Bay is a prime snorkeling location and this is the main reason for going there. Due to the close proximity to shore of the reefs and the number of people snorkeling,  I would hope jet skis would be highly regulated. 

I think if you Google “West Bay Roatan jet skis”, there used to be an operator  who will take you on a guided jet ski tour. Also you could write to Sol y Mar and see if they are still offering jet ski rentals, I know they  have had various  rentals advertised previously. Also maybe Turquoise Bay. HTH.

I am going to West Bay Roatan next week and all of the advice I have seen says there are very few taxis hanging out waiting to take you back to the ship so it is highly recommended to book round trip transportation. 

You can book transportation not tied to any excursion or snorkeling trip. You can even book it after you arrive and get off the ship, just make sure you have someone coming to pick you up at the end of the day.

Edited by SG65CB