Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cxr133

Sailobration

Recommended Posts

big deal? or gimmicky sales trick?

 

 

says multiple ships covening in the same at sea area for a big party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen and read they will meet at sea. Each ship will have its own Lido party. Looks like a lot of fun and something different. My parents already booked and I'll be booking soon.

 

Edited by Tcas1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear that they will be running ziplines from the taller ships to the shorter ships!  I guess Vista class to Fantasy Class?

 

Then, they use one of the lifeboats to return you to your "home" ship.

 

At night, just before sailaway, they are supposed to have fireworks that will rival those at the Magic Kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DryCreek said:

I hear that they will be running ziplines from the taller ships to the shorter ships!  I guess Vista class to Fantasy Class?

 

Then, they use one of the lifeboats to return you to your "home" ship.

 

At night, just before sailaway, they are supposed to have fireworks that will rival those at the Magic Kingdom.

Source??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tcas1 said:

From what I've seen and read they will meet at sea. Each ship will have its own Lido party. Looks like a lot of fun and something different. My parents already booked and I'll be booking soon.

 


Where did you read this? It would be great if you could provide a link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DryCreek said:

I hear that they will be running ziplines from the taller ships to the shorter ships!  I guess Vista class to Fantasy Class?

 

Then, they use one of the lifeboats to return you to your "home" ship.

 

At night, just before sailaway, they are supposed to have fireworks that will rival those at the Magic Kingdom.

 

I'm no expert on these types of things. Amongst other concerns, I would venture to guess that boarding another cruise ship is some sort of violation of law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Source??

None.

I just made it up so that the event would sound at least somewhat exciting.

OK, so a group of ships stop in the middle of the GOM. Where's the excitement in that?  You can routinely spot other cruise vessels while underway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

 

I'm no expert on these types of things. Amongst other concerns, I would venture to guess that boarding another cruise ship is some sort of violation of law.

It was a joke.

But wouldn't it be great if true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

It was a joke.

But wouldn't it be great if true?

 

I agree, there would be lots of things that would be great. That would be pretty interesting to be able to board a different ship at sea. Unfortunately, it will never happen due to the way the world is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DryCreek said:

None.

I just made it up so that the event would sound at least somewhat exciting.

OK, so a group of ships stop in the middle of the GOM. Where's the excitement in that?  You can routinely spot other cruise vessels while underway.

I was just about ready to book and sign up?? 

Sorry I knew it was a joke - I like your enthusiasm and  cynicism . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I was just about ready to book and sign up?? 

Sorry I knew it was a joke - I like your enthusiasm and  cynicism . 

I was going to present a far more elaborate story at first, but then thought that nobody would believe it anyway.

The ships will all gather at a secret rendezvous point at the middle of the GOM, guided only by the full moon.  When suddenly, the fireworks go off to reveal a whole flotilla of Carnival Ships!  To punctuate the thrill of the fireworks, each ship begins showing off the newly developed (and kept secret) horns!  Each one will bellow out a Carnival tune made popular in their commercials.  The larger ships all start out with "Ain't We Got Fun!", and finish it up with "Bang A Drum".  The older Fantasy class ships will end the show with the ever popular "Hoooooonnnnnkkkkk".

Suddenly, the whirring blades of a helicopter approach, and the ships spotlights all converge on the center of the circle, where a large raft with a painted target is floating.  After a grand announcement simulcast from John Heald, the door to the chopper opens and a skydiver emerges.  It is none other than that lovable Carnival Chief Fun Officer - Shaq!  As he wafts down to the raft, a specially prepared skiff goes out to meet him, after which he is escorted to each ship where he hands out free one-night Cheers gift cards to all the good boys and girls on board!

 

Or something like that.

Edited by DryCreek
reomved redundant "floating"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your sense of humor, and your storytelling ability! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 9:02 PM, DryCreek said:

I hear that they will be running ziplines from the taller ships to the shorter ships!  I guess Vista class to Fantasy Class?

 

Then, they use one of the lifeboats to return you to your "home" ship.

 

At night, just before sailaway, they are supposed to have fireworks that will rival those at the Magic Kingdom.

Your killing me.carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DryCreek said:

It was a joke.

But wouldn't it be great if true?

Too late the cheerleaders already have a hit put on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, scpirate said:

Too late the cheerleaders already have a hit put on you.

They'll get their chance to toss me overboard this weekend.

Vista baby!

Packed and ready for the drive down tomorrow morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

I hope you have a GREAT cruise!!

We plant to!  Thanks!

 

Plus, I am on the advance team for scouting out the super-duper-secret rendezvous location for the flotilla meetup.

I just hope that I don't slip up and let the cat out of the bag and blab about all of their other surprises like the mini-subs and inflatable private islands they are planning to debut....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

We plant to!  Thanks!

 

Plus, I am on the advance team for scouting out the super-duper-secret rendezvous location for the flotilla meetup.

I just hope that I don't slip up and let the cat out of the bag and blab about all of their other surprises like the mini-subs and inflatable private islands they are planning to debut....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Too funny!  :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...